Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Ireland

Jaymie

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
Hi everyone, my name is Jaymie and I am the owner of a 1993 80 series vx. I’m currently in the process of restoring her as she needs a good bit of attention, mostly body work. I’m sure I’ll make good use of the forum as I have a few questions. Hopefully she can be restored back to former glory!

Hi Jaymie, Good luck with the rebuild, this lockdown is a great time for it......... I'm working on a 2000 105 down in Wexford :)

Thanks rocklord.. yeah you are dead right, mine has been parked since sept 2018 without being touched, and this week alone I’ve replaced front calipers, pads and discs and rebuilt both front hubs.. so a good start I think.. do you know anyone breaking an 80 down your way?

Well at least some TLC is underway, Irish winters aren't good for them. Mine has been out in the back yard under a tarp for toooooo long. Had planned an Africa trip this winter and was starting to get her sorted but looks like that's not going to happen now :cry::cry:........ No, don't know anybody with an old 80 who's breaking, but I do know a couple like you and I who harbour dreams of getting them back to former glory... There's a crowd up in Louth with quite a few but he's always asking terrible money, he seems to think that if you have a thing for cruisers you must be loaded :confounded:...... I get most everything out of partsouq / aus / s.africa though I was amazed last year when my local Toyota dealer was able to give me a couple of the big fuses and relays cheaper than anywhere :astonished::astonished:.
What parts you looking for ? This forum has quite a few of the UK lads on it and I reckon post up what you're looking for and they might point you in the right direction. There seem to have been quite a few of the VX 80s across the water, it's a pretty rare beast here given the engine size and our fuel costs in the 90s.......

Well at least some TLC is underway, Irish winters aren't good for them. Mine has been out in the back yard under a tarp for toooooo long. Had planned an Africa trip this winter and was starting to get her sorted but looks like that's not going to happen now :cry::cry:........ No, don't know anybody with an old 80 who's breaking, but I do know a couple like you and I who harbour dreams of getting them back to former glory... There's a crowd up in Louth with quite a few but he's always asking terrible money, he seems to think that if you have a thing for cruisers you must be loaded :confounded:...... I get most everything out of partsouq / aus / s.africa though I was amazed last year when my local Toyota dealer was able to give me a couple of the big fuses and relays cheaper than anywhere :astonished::astonished:.
What parts you looking for ? This forum has quite a few of the UK lads on it and I reckon post up what you're looking for and they might point you in the right direction. There seem to have been quite a few of the VX 80s across the water, it's a pretty rare beast here given the engine size and our fuel costs in the 90s.......
Welcome. You can always try Karl Webster or chapel gate on this site for parts. Used and new genuine. Failing that Garry @80 breaker has over 50 trucks breaking. All are good guy's and I'm sure can help you out.

Back