Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Madagascar

jirafe31

Country Flag
madagascar
Hi guys,

Total Toyota and 4x4 rookie here. Will try my best.

The name: Jerry, based in Madagascar
The Cruiser: LC 120 2006 D4D Manual
Mods on the Cruiser: ZXDZ-01 head unit, that's all that I am aware of
Plans for the Cruiser: Family hauler, rear parking sensor for the wife
4x4 Experience: none prior to now

How do you guys know the different references in the car?
All I am sure of:
LC120 2006 KDJ120L (written next to the driver seat) Engine D4D (written on the engine) Diesel
Manual transmission 6-speed
I assume it's "permanent 4WD" (I don't know the word in english) because I only have H,N,L on the small stick

How to know the engine reference? I see 1GR-FE, 3RZ-FE, 2TR-FE, 1KZ-TE, 1KD-FTV, 5L-E...
What about the transmission reference? I see G52, W56, R150F, RA61F, A343F, A750F...
And Grande/GX/VX/Pilbara... ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello - welcome to the forum. On my 95 series, there is a plate on the bulkhead under the bonnet near the windscreen which contains the codes - see attached. I expect yours has something similar.

Sounds like yours has the 1KD-FRV engine.
Permanent 4wd, yes, but you can decide to lock the centre diff (mine is a separate lever but I believe yours is switch). You can choose high or low ratio. You may be able to lock the rear diff or it may have a limited slip diff.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 505DEC73-8E4E-489A-8FC0-66F0E5CACC00.png
    505DEC73-8E4E-489A-8FC0-66F0E5CACC00.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Thanks @Beastrider, I looked at the metal plate and mine is a KDJ120L-GKFEYW.
Most likely with the 1KD-FTV engine.

Been enjoying the car so far. Already new ideas popping up, first one around the sound system.

Nice to be part of this forum now.

Hi - yes, definitely the 1KD-FTV engine. I realise now I had a typo in my previous post and said FRV - sorry for that.
The C/TR/A/TM numbers shown beneath the KZJ95R.... on my plate, relate to the exterior paint code (K04 in my case), interior trim F011
(F meaning Fabric), axle code and transmission code.

Hooo okay! So: axle code A02A and transmission code R650F
Got it! Thanks again

Back