Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Norway

Bjerke

Your name: Espen Bjerke
Your Cruiser: HDJ80
Mods on your Cruiser: 2" OME with 35" cooper sst
Plans for your Cruiser: Its my daily driver and its 2 seats in it, in 4 years i can put in the backseats for free.
And what mods do you plan to make to it:Recaro seats, maybe a paint job and i want to make a new front bumper and rock sliders.
4x4 Experience: Not really mutch.... Did a 4x4 challenge practice this weekend.

Here are a picture of my 80 and one of my old car

ebks80.jpg

n629445286_2624929_6137.jpg

Hello Espen,

Good to see you have found the best and biggest Land Cruiser web site.
You have a good looking 80 series there.
It is a pity the Norwegian rules and regulations about the 2 seats only.
I think some, or maybe a lot of the forum members here in UK, don't know about the green number plate system in Norway.
I know it is about the tax on the vehicle, and that having the green plates, makes it into a commercial vehicle, with lower speed limits.
So less tax paid.
Big fines for you if you get catch with more passengers.

Where in Norway are you?
I spent a lot of time in Oslo, at a place called Linderud, just 10km north of Oslo.
Strange that the next close location was Bjerke, (your family name) which have Bjerkebanen, horse race track.

There is a "Location" place in the profile, if you can complete the "Location" place, then we can all see where you are.
This makes planning our Norway trips much easier, as we all know who's garden to put up the tents.
Only joking.

Graham

Hello Graham, nice of you to take the time to answer me.
The taxes in Norway are high. And you can save some money by taking out the backseats when the car is
new in Norway or when take into the country used. Then after 10 yers you can put them in for free.....
The rule is even worsenow then before. Now its only the big cars and not stv smaller suv like it was before.

My last name is Bjerke but is on the other side of town from Linderud, its near by holmenkollen.

Sorry if you guys thinks my english is bad but i dont use it every day :geek:

Welcome to the forum bjerke.

Nice trucks.

Im sure your english/spelling will be far better than mine anyway :thumbup: :lol:

Karl

Hey Karl, glad you said it before we did, Mate :cool:

Yes, Espen welcome to the forum. Your English is completely understandable. It's a pretty flexible language. "Words in a different order use you can!" OK so you sound like Yoda, but we get the meaning. What sometimes doesn't come through is the more subtle messages, so don't take offence if we say something that you feel is rude or direct. It's probably a misunderstanding. This is a very friendly forum just about free from any hostility. We joke a lot and sometimes new members don't see the humour.

Just shout if you need anything explaining.

Chris

Bjerke said:
Hello Graham, nice of you to take the time to answer me.
Hello Bjerke,

I was many Sunday mornings up at Frognerseteren, at Holmenkollen.
Many good times on the sledge run also.

905dbd25.jpg

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Espen
Are you a member of the Norwegian Landcruiser Club? I looked at some of the trips on here using Google translate and there looked to be some good areas to get off road. Are there any trips in this site that you would recommend in Norway?

Is it easy enough to do wild camping in Norway like the Swedish allemansrätt?

Back