Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Norway

Haakon Borge Stenbeck

Country Flag
norway
Just purchased this 90 series. Let the mods begin :icon-cool:

41_1638336630_xl%u00252520%u002525281%u00252529.jpg

Hi and welcome - it looks it has wider tyres/spacers and spots already! Good start

I have the same lump in my surf, I would be a bit weary of restricting airflow with the spots where they are. Not sure how hot your summers get!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And increasing tyre diameter will sap even more power. Be warned.

So you have said Hakkon, but 255.85 are not the same are they. You have very little leeway on a Prado. As I said on the other thread, some rub, some don't. But when they do rub, it's a lot of work to cure it for very little gain and a loss of power. One thing on this forum is, when you ask for advice, you're going to get it. At the end of the day though it's your choice. Just trying to point out what can be the outcome

Hope it works out without rubbing.

Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 19.13.31.jpg

Chris

Hi Chris. I appreciate your advice. I've all ready got the tyres as they are sitting on my Hilux today. I'll try them on and if a lot of work is required I'll try something else :)

Hi Haakon

Whereabouts in Norway ?

Some great routes since the new tunnels and roads went in, lots of the old roads abandoned.

Its on my list, grew up in Oslo in the 70's, still got friends there.

Just really expensive to get there, and also when actually there!

Most folks here talk about Nordkapp.

Nice looking truck, is it an FX model?

Ive got 255's fitted, witha suspension and bodylift, works fine for me, but there will be a bit of trimming needed.

Regards

Pete

Ahh, right.Might have been helpful to have mentioned that. Then you have nothing to lose by trying them. Excellent. What tyre are they? There isn't a great deal of choice in that size over here.

Hi Haakon

Whereabouts in Norway ?

Some great routes since the new tunnels and roads went in, lots of the old roads abandoned.

Its on my list, grew up in Oslo in the 70's, still got friends there.

Just really expensive to get there, and also when actually there!

Most folks here talk about Nordkapp.

Nice looking truck, is it an FX model?

Ive got 255's fitted, witha suspension and bodylift, works fine for me, but there will be a bit of trimming needed.

Regards

Pete

Pete, I live just outside Oslo. By the airport, Jessheim. It's expensive, but Norway is a great country to travel in. I've never been to Nordkapp myself so I guess it's about time to go soon :). Thanks for the tip on 255/85. A lift is the way to go I think.

Chris, my tyres are BF MT KM2. The rims are LC70 series. Will they fit LC 90?

As long as they are 6 stud. I'm no expert on the 70 (and some of the Hilux models were a 5 stud wheel). But pretty much any Japanese 6 stud will fit all others. They all share the same dimensions. The off set is very variable though. Sometimes you need spacers and sometimes you don't. I have 6 stud hilux wheels on one of my Landcruisers and they need 30mm spacers to look even remotely normal.

The 90 looks very good indeed with 80 series wheels on, but a bit of a stretch putting 255's on. They do fit, but they are at the top end of the tyre fit specification. With a narrower wheel of course, the tyre wall isn't so stretched and consequently the tyre over all is slightly taller.

Yeah they're a six stud. It was only some of the 2wd 2 door versions I think that had the 5 stud. Again, not an area I know much about. But that is a modern 4cab version style. Handy looking thing.

KM2 is available here. Good tyre.

Ah yes, spacers.

I have them as well, but without arches I think they may stick out too far?

Pete

Quite possibly Pete. Either way it would be close. Probably better without the spacers in terms of catching inside the arch.

Back