Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Switzerland

dani_foc

Country Flag
switzerland
My name is Daniel, born in Romania, currently living in Switzerland and a big Land cruiser fan.

Previously owned LC120 3,0D Automatic - Got an engine fault at 264.000 km, repaired and sold for export to Africa, then decided to go for the new member of the family:

My Cruiser: (2015 LC200 v8 Diesel fully loaded Black with Beige leather, no mods) so far I am very happy with it, fuel consumption is 12 to 12,2 Liters per 100 km on-road driving, mostly highway at 140=150 km/h.

4x4 Experience: Beginner, few off-road trips.

And a couple of pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20150731_143724.jpg
    20150731_143724.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20150731_143738.jpg
    20150731_143738.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20150731_144128.jpg
    20150731_144128.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 100
Buna ziua Dan!

That's about the extent of my Romanian TBH, but a nice intro and welcome to the forum!

I'm an expat Brit living in Romania since 2001, so I can imagine some of your experiences living in Switzerland.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your trips in such a wonderful country.

I'm still trying to find time to explore your homeland, Romania's a fabulous place for me!

Hi Dani and welcome to the forum. Nice intro and even nicer cruiser.

I'm afraid I really don't think Switzerland is a good place for that truck. My driveway in the UK would be far better if I'm honest. It would be well loved, just let me know when you want me to look after it for you. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@clivehorridge if you want to do some off-roading and a bit of sightseeing go to Moroeni, there is a forest road, but it;s a real offroading adventure to go there :) You can visit Glod, the town where the film Borat was partially shot.

@StarCruiser In Switzerland we habe a lot of snow, and this car can really cope with it. Last year in May for example the mountain roads were closed due to heavy snow and the areas with no mountains had 20 celsius :) The cruiser loves it here xD In Romania, we have a saying 2 things in life are not to lend: The car and the wife! :))

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@StarCruiser In Switzerland we habe a lot of snow, and this car can really cope with it. Last year in May for example the mountain roads were closed due to heavy snow and the areas with no mountains had 20 celsius :) The cruiser loves it here xD In Romania, we have a saying 2 things in life are not to lend: The car and the wife! :))

It was worth a try I suppose…:icon-cry:
There were several of these in Iceland, with the big tyres they look fantastic.
Guess ill just gave to start a cruiser fund. :blush:

It was worth a try I suppose…:icon-cry:
There were several of these in Iceland, with the big tyres they look fantastic.
Guess ill just gave to start a cruiser fund. :blush:

Been there, done that and i can tell you it's 100% worth it! Iceland is spectacular and driving a car with those tires changes "driving" as we know it haha!20150206_161307.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In Romania, we have a saying 2 things in life are not to lend: The car and the wife! :))

Welcome Dani.

I'm tempted to start a poll to see what the replies would be if it was necessary to chose either the car or the wife ! :)

Welcome Dani.

I'm tempted to start a poll to see what the replies would be if it was necessary to chose either the car or the wife ! :)

That'd be a good ideea! I will state my opinion 4 sure!
LOL

On second though, I think a poll is a bad idea. We may all be sleeping in the dog house, and I will have a lot of female enemies !

On second though, I think a poll is a bad idea. We may all be sleeping in the dog house, and I will have a lot of female enemies !
That would depend on the results :) I think the most would choose wifey over the car

haha

Tough question that, especially when these toys are in the garage...

image.png

image.png

Having said that, both vehicles have been sold and I still have the wife, sometimes you can't always get it right!

And no, the helicopter is not mine, though it was my daily driver just like the black F-350 and the red '72 were

Sweet.

Decisions, decisions.

Do I go to work in the black F-350, the red '72 or the Euro 'copter? :think:

Hard life.. it can be cruel sometimes. :lol:

Tough question that, especially when these toys are in the garage...

View attachment 90976

View attachment 90977

Having said that, both vehicles have been sold and I still have the wife, sometimes you can't always get it right!

And no, the helicopter is not mine, though it was my daily driver just like the black F-350 and the red '72 were

I always wanted to drive a 350 heavy duty :) Driving that must be an adventure! But n Europe it isn't quite doable I guess...

I always wanted to drive a 350 heavy duty :) Driving that must be an adventure! But n Europe it isn't quite doable I guess...

Both vehicles were great fun to own and drive when fuel was less than 1 US$ a gallon... I couldn't afford to drive them nowadays.

The F-350 was fun to park, it took up 4 spaces at the supermarket and had the turning circle of a steam train, but it was super comfortable. My good lady and I took it from Alaska to the Mexican border and back several times roadtripping, and lived in the back of it for up to 3 months at a time. Awesome truck!

Back