Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello

Steve-O

Hi, I'm Steve and I live on the North East coast of Yorkshire/Cleveland with my family and dogs.
I would like to have a go at off roading the cruiser but must admit apart from rescuing a few trucks and towing trailers and caravans the battling with mud and rocks has been limited.
I am self employed as a kitchen fitter and also do a bit of photography, this started as a hobby but has started to take up a bit more of my time with a few commissions coming in.
I have had 2 Mitsubishi Shoguns both Lwb and diesel, and I had to replace the engine in one.
I have had an Isuzu Trooper Citation (K Reg) Diesel Lwb
I have had a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado Diesel Lwb
Out of all of these the Colorado impressed the most and was the most reliable.
I then progressed to a 1998 Landcruiser Amazon VX V8. Fantastic car so comfortable even when the ahc has packed in!
We have needed a vehicle that will carry our large family, my tools and equipment, get us out no matter what the weather, tow a large caravan and tow a large trailer.
All our 4x4s have done this well but none of them as comfortably as the Amazon.
Our Amazon was converted to lpg by the previous owners, and this meant great savings on fuel.
I have just recently got it back from having two replacement cylinder heads fitted and I have just booked it in for an Ironman suspension fit and I am hoping that I will be able to enjoy travelling the roads up here in style and comfort once again.

Here's a picture of our cruiser:

_MG_0477-Edit.jpg

Future mods will be the tyres to something a bit more grippy in the snow.

I have enjoyed reading some of the posts from the other forum members especially the right ups of the off roading expeditions and modifications...very informative.
Hope to keep up,

Steve

Nice private reg Steve :lol: lovely pic and welcome.

Hi Steve, welcome,great cars the 100 series, I hope to get one one day. What mpg do you reckon to get on gas? I ask cos I've got a petrol 80 on gas, it runs great but even on a run gets about 14 mpg.

Regards Andy :thumbup:

Regarding the "flashlube" I certainly considered it but.... my engine has run approx 100,000 miles without it on lpg and may have continued to do so but for a cracked cylinder head. All of the experts that I have talked to and information I have trawled through does not give a conclusive answer as to whether it actually would have saved my engine. There are other considerations that apply also...."Flashlube" could damage the "cat" and the bigest consideration of all at least for me (being a converted Yorkshireman) was the cost.... cost for the kit, additional cost per mile, drip, litre etc. So in 100,000 miles of lpg non-flashlubed mileage I've decided to continue without it...My hat is ready for the eating ;)

Regarding MPG....most people will tell you that mpg will be down on lpg, this is true and can be proven scientifically. I honestly don't think your going to significantly beat your 80 with the 100 on Lpg.

I have just had mine calibrated to run with the new heads so I will let you know how it does mpg wise in a few weeks time.

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Spose you could fit it yourself if you were inclined. JW did (mind you he seems to be able to do anything related to landcriusers!).

Steve-O said:
(being a converted Yorkshireman) Steve
Er, Steve, that's nothing to do with a Rabbi with a sharp knife is it :lol: :lol:

Back