Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help?! 80 series - engine not switching off... randoms

Cheers Frank - very helpful!!

I was hoping to find three terminals under here, not two. One appears to run continuously to the passenger side battery, and the driver side joins it with the metal bridge. It would have been perfect if there was a terminal for the starter cable under here, then it would require no cutting to add a breaker.

Is it correct that the orange circle is one wire and that I'd therefore need to cut the red line to put a breaker in?

20210905_100512.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure from your picture but if you start looking at the starter motor end the heavy cable there needs splicing for the switch. You'd have to follow the cable up to see where it goes but that is the cable that needs splicing.

If the cable with the red line goes down to the starter, that is the one that needs splicing. You may not have enough length so might need to get some similar cable to do the job.

I wanted one so that I could have a key inside the cabin as a security feature. Yours looks like a panic button which is OK if you don't want a key. I can vouch for the quality of the genuine Durite ones but don't know about the one you feature. Looks like 300 amps is enough if the quality of the switch is good.

Back