Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help needed yet again!

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Hello all, I have just bought a car in Scotland. Can anyone recommend a car collection firm to fetch it for me? Got my greenlaner at last !!

Thanks Andy :thumbup:

AndycruiserguyLomas said:
Aberdeen to Sheffield.

Hi Andy

Have you not got a towbar on your truck ?

if so hire a trailer it will be the cheapest way, it would cost about £500 to get it done by a company

Post it on anyvan. That's what I did, cost me 200 but cheaper than the train or fuel both ways

If it had been nearby in the central belt I could maybe have run it down for you, as I'm now off until the New year, but Aberdeen would be a little bit more awkward.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is it road legal? If it is I can drive it down for you as long as you pay for a train ticket back for my and my daughter. :thumbup:

Hi Steve, yes I have a tow bar on my Suburban and a tri axle IW trailer. It's the best tow car I have ever had but would use £300 worth of derv to fetch it plus at least 12 hours round trip, but its an option I am considering. It's dependant on the weather as well.
[/quote]
Ecoman said:
Is it road legal? If it is I can drive it down for you as long as you pay for a train ticket back for my and my daughter. :thumbup:
Thanks for that offer Ecoman but unfortunately it's not MOTed .
j555fjr said:
Post it on anyvan. That's what I did, cost me 200 but cheaper than the train or fuel both ways
Its an idea that I might look into, it all needs taking into account.
Any other suggestions will be thankfully received.

Thanks so far lads.

Andy :thumbup:

Andy I priced with some of the transporters that were on EBay and was very pleased with some of the quotes.

Failing that, I can ask the fella that brings my wagons over to me.

Book it in for an MOT Back Home. Theoretically perfectly leagal to drive it with not T and T but has to be insured

Thats not strictly true Chris as the law states it must be a nearest local available testing station. ;)

Got a point there dude! I'm in Carlisle I know I'm along way off but if I can help just shout I have a mate up there in Elgin he owes me a couple

AndycruiserguyLomas said:
Sorry, I obviously should be more specific, A 60 series cruiser!

Andy :roll:

Hi Andy

Its just us oldies, you mention things like A60 and I just revert to the old cars !

Anyway back to the point, have you got the transportation sorted ?

PS I am sending you a PM

Back