Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help please what size wheel spacers ?

That is very interesting , if thats the standard set up then its worth my finding out if Shogun wheel fit the Colorado and what the oem offset is ?

Shogun Mk2 Wheel wont fit as they are 15" and wont clear the calipers.

Just been looking and the mitsibushi L200 wheels come in 16 inch with a negative offset but i'm just chasing my tail and confusing myself more . American alloys tend to offer a good range of offset choices so i'll just stick to mocking up a wood spacer and choosing what i think best . I was one of those kids that always got in trouble in school for getting the right answer while using the wrong methods to work it out .

HI when i was running my 90 i had 16x10 alloy wheels on with 305/70/16 general grabber at2 tyres whitch are 33inch the car was great to drive went and stopped v-well but when i fitted 315/75/16 cooper stt which are 35inch it was bad it felt fat and the steering was stiff and slow ,stopping distance was up about 30% -so bad that i diddnt like it at all and took the tyres off and fitted 33inch again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Perhaps this will be an easy solution http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-EX...B-STUDS-M12X1-5-62MM-/300505664338#vi-content

Shim spacers are cheap as chips and if a 10mm one stops the rubbing then i just order studs 10mm longer than standard , same if i need 15 or 20mm . As an added bonus i would have far more confidence in the fact the wheel would still be connected to the hub as Toyota intended . Not much weight increase either .

Any thoughts on the FAKE light cluster either side of the back door on a 90 ?
I fitted new lights in the rear bumper today (Roughtrax £42 each) and still had no life in the upper lights so i took them apart . The right hand side has only a connection for a a red side light , all the rest are blank and i'll guess the other side has only a reverse light but i didn't open it . To make sure this was due to different regulations in different parts of the world i searched google .

Wish now i hadn't because my first guess was right , it came from the factory that way , but i found roughtrax sell light clusters that have reverse , indicator and tail light wired up to work .

Theres no realistic reason not to just leave the lights dead (i didn't even bother to change the one bulb that was in there) but with factory tinted (blacked out) rear windows another reverse light would be a bonus .

What do you think - fix em or not ?

The conversion has been done many times. You either need a set of import clusters or the harness from toyo. Or I think if you could get hold of some appropriate bulb holders i see no reason why you couldnt go a diy route.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

For some reason i will never understand the upper lights are cheaper than the bumper lights , which are crap i might add Toyota must import them from a bloke in Taiwan who has them made cheap in Syberia from penguin droppings . It would be very easy to modify the light as you can see the plastic is designed to be pushed out to accept the socket but why mess about looking for loom and bulbs when you can replace the whole unit and just plug it in for 30 odd quid ?
I just can't make up my mind wether ore not its worth doing .

Never realised they were that sort of money TBH. But in theory you would have to still keep the bumper lights to pass MOT (I Think) or take the spare wheel and carrier off when MOT time comes around. Also I think that with a straight conversion you would loose the rear Fog light. Its do-able for sure and I have often considered it but as I have said I never realised they were that cheep.

You can always tell when someone behind you is giving you the finger because they think your indicator or brake light should be in the body and they don't look down at the bumper lights.

Toyota wanted 68 quid for a bumper tail light he wasn't happy when i told him i could buy genuine toyota lights on the interdebt for £40 . I used plenty of roof mastic and flashing tape while putting them in though coz they should definately have been a sealed unit . The law about spare wheel and lights changed after the 90/95 was designed and was about to go on sale , so obviously the lights used were not supposed to be on our trucks , at a glance you can see its a modified part probably adapted from a hiace or something .

It was designed only to have the top lights , but the law changed coz some dumbass reckoned a spare on the back door made lights less visible . So Toyota had to move the lights . They could either scrap every vehicle they had already built and completely renew all thier factories and re-design the rear end ..... or ..... just stick some lights in the bumper . Just a pity they didn't delay release another 20 minutes to source a decent light to use .

IMHO Shoguns and surfs and many others have been putting the tail lights in the bumper before the 90 came out. After all it is a Jap vehicle, Modified for the UK market. same with mits, nissan, etc.

Perhaps but i bet they dont use lights that have absolutely no water or weather protection at all

TBH I dont know but my neighbours Shogun's looks almost exactly the same as my collie ones.

That being said. mine lasted 13 yrs so not tooooo bad really. The only thing I regret is buying new ones before I decided to build myself a rear bumper and replace them with round, sealed LED units.

It is to do with the body shell being fitted to be RHD or LHD isn't it?

Gra.

Back