Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey all - First time Land Cruiser (and first real car) owner living in London!

hamzahc

Country Flag
uk
Hey all, excited to be part of the community. I spent a lot of my childhood in the UAE seeing my fair share of LCs but am excited to finally be an owner now! (It's actually also the first car I've ever owned, previously mostly been a motorbike guy or using other my brother's car!)

Living in London and using it every day, I've gone for a 1989 LJ70 2.4TD and am already in love with it. It's almost fully stock at the moment, I'm not sure what to start with in terms of upgrades/customisations, but the plan is to use it for road trips around Europe soon, so open to suggestions :)

Any other LC owners in London? Would be great to meet up at some point!

Thanks!
IMG_3168.jpg

Great Car. Not London but nearby in Reading

Thats a nice looking truck.

Im going to hazard a guess that its already had a suspension and tyre upgrade, it looks to be sitting a bit taller and tyres a bit bigger than standard.

Personally, I'd say do as little as possible, what you have is ready to go.

Maybe a set of free wheeling hubs for the front if it doesnt have them, will earn you a couple more mpg.

Forget upgrading the turbo, the 2.4 has a sensitive spot in the head between pots 3 & 4, extra heat will crack it. Its not a race car, its a plodder, but tbh London traffic is as well, so just use it and enjoy it!

I was going to ask, ulez and congestion charge can't be cheap.

Good car though

Hi Hamza and welcome.

That’s one lovely looking truck there. Looks to be in good condition too. As above, you’ve got a truck that needs nothing doing to it really. As it sits there it has the perfect look and it’s a rare beast in that condition. Many have bad rust issues around the arches by now. Love it and clearly you do to. Enjoy the ‘Cruiser grin’ every time you see it and drive it. Best wishes
Rich.
Ps, let’s have some more pics.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back