Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey Guys!!!

dcourt

hey there i'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello!! im 19 years old and my dad owns a 1994 Land Cruiser and absolutely loves it. i currently drive a mustang and i think i want to sell that and move into a land cruiser. He wont sell me his so I'm here to find out which land cruiser would be best for me. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! :icon-biggrin:

Hi Dcourt and welcome to the forum .

I have a short wheel base Landcruiser Colorado or Prado , in South America they are called a Meru . I feel like a teenager again (them days are long past:icon-cry:) every time I get in it .

Cheap as chips and goes like stink you might like one :thumbup:

truck002_zpsa2078ad4.jpg

I live in California and ive never seen one of those before and they seems very cool but im not sure if i can get one in the US.

The mustang told us you were American coz it would cost a 19 year old about 100 grand to insure one of them in the UK !

Thats why i mentioned they were called a Meru in South America , thought maybe you could get an import ?

oh sorry about that didnt really think that one through and to be honest i really know nothing about land cruisers and id like to just get one from the us.

I would say look for a 70 series, unless you are after something as huge as your dads, then there is everything right the 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
An 80 is by American standards is not a big vehicle and its pretty much everyone's favourite on here . In the UK few 19 year olds could afford to run one but again in America where teens can afford to run V8 muscle cars i imagine a Landcruiser would be considered extremely cheap to run .

yea i think i like the 80 if thats similar to my dads. im not totally sure what numbers match up with what land cruiser. i've only known them by the year they were released.

There are quite a few that cross over years. Check out wiki or the "garage" section on here for an insight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi dcourt, welcome to the club!

80's rule! (If you want something tough and good for more extreme off road IMO of course!).

Back