Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi All. My name is Searle. I own a beautiful Series 100, VX, 2006. We are keen travelers and I built my own off-road trailer with rooftop tent.

Searle

Country Flag
south_africa
E1A4FE28-EEDA-4303-A242-ED3086A551DD.jpeg

Hi Searle, Welcome to the forum. That trailer looks great, can we have some more photos of it ?

Good to see another ton on the books welcome to the club Searle sorry to be nosey could you give us some information about your tailer tent is it a SA product the same goes for your roof rack and the snorkel and would you buy them again cheers steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to see another ton on the books welcome to the club Searle sorry to be nosey could you give us some information about your tailer tent is it a SA product the same goes for your roof rack and the snorkel and would you buy them again cheers steve
Hi Steve. I built the trailer myself. The tent is a wigwam and we are very happy with it. I bought it secondhand.
the snorkel is great but the roof rack would not be my choice as it is totally flat and I would have preferred it to have had a railing around it to ease the tying down of anything.
Where are you based.

Here in the not OK UK grey very wet part wrongfully named Somerset how about you the reason I ask about the tent and snorkel is I have modified an ex us mil 416 trailer that I would like to put on an Eezi Awn Globe Tracker trailer tent and the snorkel looks to not have a top that does not get knocked off by the over hanging branches is it a named brand something that came with the truck or did you purchase the snorkel online and fit yourself SA would have a larger selection of trailer tents and knowing what works or recommendations for better quality kit would save anyone hard got cash and im looking to save am a bit less able after a bike accident so falling from a RTT is not for me currently use a Campmor dome type tent and that is very heavy canvas but a bloody lovely bit of kit a sod of a job to put up if solo camping and the roof rack looks like it could be used as an heavy duty garden trellis what make is that thats it for now now got a bloody stuttering keyboard

Back