Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi All

Ken Scotting

My name is Ken and I have a Landcruiser Prado. Just in the process of replacing the engine. The old engine has cracked one of the cylinders, a real shame really as the vehicle has done over 250,000 miles. I hope to get more information about my rebuild. The engine is a 1KZ-TE so any tips or tricks will most welcome.

Welcome Ken

Sorry no tips on the engine swap but look forward to progress and Im sure someone with some knowledge will come along soon and help out.

Hi and welcome Ken.

We like pics here .... so take plenty and post them up as you go.

No pics yet, they will come, I have a donor bottom end that has just arrived. Will get that cleaned up at the weekend and check out the bearings and seals etc. Still have to lift the old engine out, is it best to remove the gearbox first and do it that way or just lift the engine out and leave gearbox in place? I have just brought everything that I need from a company called RoughTrax. Anyone had any experiance with them. Seems that they are the only people that have everything!

Hi Ken, look forward to watching the progress of the transplant.

Hi Ken, welcome! Looking forward to the swap-out! I'm no use to you for advice but I'm interested how the job goes. Moral support!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back