Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Cheltenham

Andy Harvey

Hi.

I'm Andy Harvey, currently drive a 1999 100 Series 4.2 VX, this is my second Land Cruiser, previously owned an 80 Series for 5 years. Before that I had a 2.4TD Hilux Surf SSRX. I help run the www.hiluxsurf.co.uk site and currentl run my own Land Cruiser site but am probably going to shut it down and point people over here - it never got much traffic anyway and I just don't seem to have enough time to make it a going concern. Nice to see a lot of people over here I recognise from the ELCO list and the "other" Land Crusier Owners club site. Good luck with it.

Not really any mods on the vehicle apart from at the moment I'm plumbing in the cable and some sockets for a CB Antenna which I can use with my Hand Portable CB but keep it neat - i.e. no cables visible, just neat panel mount sockets.

Shameless plug for the National 4x4 Response network (http://www.4x4response.info) and our local Gloucestershire and Worcestershire 4x4 Response team (http://www.gw4x4r.co.uk) .

Cheers
Andy

1999 HDJ100 VX in dark metallic blue, no mods, BFG A/Ts.

Hello Andy, I always wondered if you and Lucky were from the surf site, now I know :mrgreen:

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

BTW would you know what is my local 4x4 response group if i live in Bristol? There seems to be a few around Bristol but i don't know which one to join.

Welcome........

Have you put a link on the surf site for this place yet ;)

blobrob said:
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

BTW would you know what is my local 4x4 response group if i live in Bristol? There seems to be a few around Bristol but i don't know which one to join.

Wessex 4x4 Response would be the one. We sort of help each other out around that area - we have been deployed as well as Wessex in Bristol for Great Western Ambulance out of Almondsbury.

Yep 24Seven, Lucky is me on the Surf site, also on TLOCUK and also on my own site (sorry admin I'll post it although it won't be around for long www.landcruiser-rocks.co.uk - you can delete if you want but then it's no competition.

Haven't put a link on yet, only just found out about this place from the ELCO list. Will definately do it though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome, Andy!

You might want to check the spelling of your name in your sig line :?

Cheers,

Hi Andy welcome to the forum.

I am waiting for my WE number with Wessex 4x4 response.

Steve

Andy Harvey said:
[sorry admin I'll post it although it won't be around for long http://www.landcruiser-rocks.co.uk - you can delete if you want but then it's no competition.

that's fine we aren't like that over hear ;)

Thanks for the info, will look into Wessex membership

Good stuff, what I like to hear, never want to step on anyone's toes though.

If you go on to http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ site and click on the Join link you cn find out how to get membership. At the moment they have halted new applications as they have a bit of a backlog because of all the interest after the recent bad weather and the accompanying press coverage of 4x4 Response in general.

Andy

If you do decide to point people here from your site, would it be a good idea to maybe email all your members on the forum and inform them about the new club?

Just an idea :mrgreen:

Matt.

Yep will be doing that and will do a banner page on the domain for a while. Only thing people might want to think about is until this site has other stuff like a gallery, might just replace site software with a gallery package that people can host their pictures on. I use the webspace for other stuff as well so it doesn't cost me any extra.

Admin, what do you think?

Hi Andy, Welcome :)

We've been toying with having a gallery of sorts here which would certainly add to the site. At the moment though, it being a youn'in, it's on the list but not the first item though. Other "things" to do :cry:

If you want to put a gallery up which people can either host on or link to, it should not be an issue. We can talk again... :)

Crispin.

OK will do. I'll load up Coppermine which is pretty much the best I've used so that people can host their pictures to and post the link.

All.

I have installed a Gallery package on my webspace. URL is http://www.lcc.gallery.landcruiser-rocks.co.uk.

You will need to register to post pictures and it would be best for all if you register using the same username as on here.

You can create albums under your own username - so in the user galleries category under your own gallery which is titled with your username, you could then create multiple albums such as "General", "Trip X", ""Rebuild" etc and then post indicidual pictures to those galleries.

Hope this helps everyone. To link to a picture on here, right click on the picture in the gallery and select properties and you will get the url for it, you can then paste this between the *IMG* tags.

First one here.
IMAG0009.jpg

Works for me Andy.

Thanks very much, but are we going consume all your bandwidth?

Don't worry about the bandwidth (certainly not at the moment). I have a reasonably high allowable bandwidth, we'll see how it goes and take it from there. Certainly gets things started and maybe if you get Coppermine set up on your server later it will be a simple job to move everything over. Coppermine is probably the best open source gallery package out there and it has connectors/bridges available to other packages like PHPBB and vBulletin which enables you to sync user tables or use the same one so people don't need to register or log in twice. At the moment can't do this as phpBB and Coppermine are on different servers. If you want to do it though, I can do a dump of the database and the files that are saved so that it can be copied across to your install.

Andy Harvey said:
24Seven said:
Works for me Andy.

Thanks very much, but are we going consume all your bandwidth?

By the way dude, nice picture, where was that taken?

It was near Zagora, Morocco we stopped for some food, the lady and her son turned up. It was about here N30 04.468 W5 20.222 (google then go to google maps)

It was one of the guys I was with who took the photo, it is really nice IMO (hope he does not mind me showing it)

Back