Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Manly NSW

DX Cruiser

Country Flag
australia
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Timo. I drive a 1995 HZJ75 Troopcarrier with nearly 500,000 kms on it.
Mods are 50mm ultimate suspension springs and gas shocks, 33x10.5xR15 BFgoodrich KM2 mud terrain tyres, ARB deluxe bullbar, ARB trade roof rack, IPF 900 driving lights with HID upgrade, 12,000lb winch, snorkel, dual batteries, 300W inverter, 35L waeco fridge/freezer, forward facing rear seat, cargo barrier, 10.1' Samsung Tab2 with Hema maps and a 12v LED light.
No other mods are planed.
So far I have driven to Fraser Island a hand full of times, Victorian High Country twice, Corner Country, Birdsville Track, Strezlecki Desert, Simpson Desert, Old Gahn, Savanna Way, Kakadu, Gibb River Road, Mitchell Plateau out to the Kimberly Coast, Cape Arid WA and just about every weekend trip imaginable with in 500km of Sydney.

As you can tell I'm into touring, I hate pointless bush bashing and driving tracks for no good reason. I believe people should only have 4WD's if they actually use them as such and most of all I believe in environmental conservation.

I hope to find like minded people on this forum.

I want to do the Savannah Way, wouldn't mind the Old Gahn either...

Welcome, there are a few of us in Australia (a fair few Pom's and an increasing number of Aussie's)

I'm up in New England, and seem to spend half my spare time at the moment planning quick little 1 or 2 nights away trips from home, so often only little 300km trips as that's doable in a couple of days. Seem to have another one lined up for this week, having done one last week.

Welcome :thumbup:

How does the Samsung Tab get on with the Hema mapping? Was looking at doing that setup too.

Last edited:
Back