Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi From RSA - 80 Series 4.5 EFI UK spec

GK Ruger

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi All,

Your name: Gert
Your Cruiser: 80 Series 4.5 EFI, 1996, 194 000 miles
Mods on your Cruiser: Free flow exhaust with branches, Old Man Emu suspension, long range fuel tank.
Plans for your Cruiser: Already a family hauler, overlander and off-road monster truck. Mods: Drawer loading system in planning stages.
4x4 Experience: Fair dune, rock and technical 4x4 ability.

Im Gert and recently took delivery of a 1996 80. Have done about 2000km and so far very happy with the vehicle.

I hope to get alot of valuable information from the forum.

20151014_071643.jpg

Last edited:
welcome Gert
you did well posting a picture with only 2 posts to your name......

where abouts are you based in SA? Is that the cruiser that was for sale for a while on the SA landcruiser owners forum it did look very nice and in great condition.

good luck with it

stu

Welcome Gert, congrats on a nice looking truck. Great to have another 80 on here. [emoji4]

Welcome Gert to the forum. Great looking 80 you have there. Petrols are rare in the UK as they are costly to run but I imagine your Cruisers out there are not subject to the salt we get here in the winter.

Yes this one was for sale on Land Cruiser club. I live in Kimberley we have the big hole and had diamonds previously (Northern Cape province in South Africa). Me and the previous owner actually live walking distance from each other in and I know him from school, so buying and old vehicle in this instance was a no brainer.
To say this vehicle is in good condition is an understatement. The interior is spotless except for leather seat starting crack from age.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Gert to the forum. Great looking 80 you have there. Petrols are rare in the UK as they are costly to run but I imagine your Cruisers out there are not subject to the salt we get here in the winter.

Yes we do not have the salt over here at all. We have a very dry climate so for something to rust you need to leave it in a bucket of water LOL. The expensive part of running this Cruiser is the petrol, the maintenance is for now a breeze compared to newer Diesels. With the free-flow exhaust the sound is awesome but I pay every time at the pump.

I was nearly going to buy this and keep there as it was such a nice one and just use on our visits. You did get a good one thats for sure

Looks awesome rig and pretty solid one buddy, must be well-cared!

Back