Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi there!

coenvanwyk

hallo there! I am Coen van Wyk, retired civil servant, African voyager, Cruiser owner. The longest safari was overland from Morocco to South Africa, with my 1988 FJ 62. She is giving me some worries now, having had a few overheating episodes (Had the radiator resoldered in Sevare, Mali, about 18 months ago, makes you wonder!) I am wondering if I do not have a head gasket problem, or maybe a crack in the head?

And so if the nice Nigerian guy pays out the Coca Cola lottery I have just won, I am contemplating a Troopy, or maynbe a 76 SW.

Looking forward to sharing news, ideas and gossip,

Hi Coen welcome. Sounds like you have a lot of LC experience. Ekke soek not een (seker jy sal die taal verstaan:)

Tobie

Welkom by ons forum.

I hope you find what you are looking for here.

P.s I lived in Irene for a few years as a child on the Oval and remember the tank at the dairy where we used to go and get milk.

Welcome to the site Coen. The 70 series troopy is a vehicle I would give my left umm.... for. What did you have in mind in terms of the troopy, 3 door, 5 door, petrol, diesel? New or second hand, voetstoots and fix er up to your spec? Good luck in your search.

Welcome to the site Coen, I am sure you will find many friendly boet here.

Gra.

I drive past Irene ever so often! Will give your regards, but I am not sure the milk tank is still there, although i distinctly remember it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hou aan soek, boet! There is one waiting for you! Now, We were in scotland earlier in the year, looking for my McHardy ancestors, found why they left Braemar: 9 degrees in mid summer!! Found that one was a major land owner at Crathie, where Balmoral is. Now I am trying to find if there is a land claims court like we have here, I suspect the Germans may not have paid for my ancestral rights! :icon-biggrin: Then we did a cultural tour of the distilleries, but I was driving, and my wife's uncle, from Edinbourough cannot drink any more, so she enjoyed the tour!! I still wonder how she maneuvered me into that one. But we enjoyed it immensely, and would like to find an excuse to go bacl. Where is Livingston, and what does one do there?

Hi Craig. You got an hour? :icon-biggrin: I am looking at the 3 door one from Trafalgar Toyota, the African spec one. Diesel, but I would prefer the engine without the Turbo and without the electronic injection. One of our group, with a brand new pickup, 10 000 km on the clock, had his diesel de on him just outside Atar in Mauritania. It was 58 celsius, I promise you! Reason: A bad solder joing on the fuse connection. He bought a new battery and tried for Nouakchott, after all, it is a Diesel! But it died after 200km, and he had to be towed the next 400 km. By a Land Rover. So I trust the electronics not too much. As soon as the nice Nigerian man who wrote to me about my winning the Coca Cola lottery gets the money into my account :think: I would like a new one, thank you! There are few in South Africa. but now if i buy new, and spend six months on the road, I can import it duty free! At least I can try ... And then I can fix it up, fit a few things, do a modification here and there ...

Dreams are free, no?

Hartlik welkom, Coen. Sal lekker wees om nog 'n Saffer hier aan boord te he!!

Hope your 62 gets sorted, and good luck on the hunt for a replacement!

Cheers

Coen Livingston is just west of Edinburgh on the way to Glasgow. What do you do in Livingston - well bar fights, and ..... some more bar fights - just kidding there is nothing to do in Livingston really, it started off as a half-way station between Edinburgh and Glasgow so mainly for folk who cannot afford houses in Edinburgh. I am lucky to work in Livingston - just a 15min walk to work

Back