Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi to all from Tonka Tuff now being a first time Toyota owner

LPG is in general, not so sure in 4x4 but quite a few Nissan's run it.
Me being a engine reconditioner up until the mid 90's and back then every man and his dog was converting.
Personally I hate the stuff, The damage I saw due to it being such a dry fuel was extensive and lots of fly by nighters making & selling oil injection to compensate for the problem made good money.
I could go into a lot more detail of the requirement's for LPG but serf-ice to say the requirement's that LPG & Petrol engines are very different Compression ratio / ignition timings / advance curves / valve guides & seals / Valves & valve seat all com into play.
While due fuel set up's are around but non are 100% on both, Far better to have 1 only fuel and the engine designed for the selected fuel.

+1 on the engine only being run on the fuel it was designed for. I've never been a fan of LPG although one of the members on here has run his V6 Collie for ages on the stuff and had no probs. Some markets cater for LPG on a big scale but I guess the models sold have specific mods from the factory to cater for full time LPG use.

Back