Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ60 power steering idler pulley

JSWilson

Supporter
Country Flag
netherlands
Hi team.

I had my first mechanical failure, water pump broken. With some parts from Cruiser World I now have new belt and pump fitted. Nice job this weekend, it's been a while since I've done this type of maintenance so was pretty pleased with myself.

In doing this though it looks like there has been a modification to the power steering pump idler pulley assembly. The V-pulley had been replaced with two bearings. That's ok on a solid V-belt but likely to result in failure on a serrated v-belt as it's acting on the inside of the belt not the outside..

Does anyone have an idler pulley for an early series 60 diesel? If not are there any recommendations for a v-pulley modification suited for a serrated v-belt?

Will post a picture of the offending part later. In the meantime am using the car as exercise as it's heavy muscle work without power steering. Reminds me of my army lorries that had no power steering....

Cheers
John

Picture of the modification to the pulley. Looks like they've replaced the pulley wheel with bearings.

Attachments

• 20221122_161934.JPG
    20221122_161934.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221122_162025.JPG
    20221122_162025.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 25
Oh, that is not good. I hope that you get it fixed soon mate. The only pulley that I have has been warped sadly. Sorry 'Bout that.

Back