Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How a set of good wheels can change a car

L

LandCruiser1978

BEFORE
Any body got any parts lying around that i need?

Last edited by a moderator:
geordie_boy1978 said:
I'm thinking about getting a snorkel coz i think it really beefs them up
Looks good but IMO you may find a snorkel reduces the resale value or at least the size of the market it apeals to as rather than making it 'overland prepared' :lol: it makes it an 'off roader', just IMO :)

Not gonna limit any future resale .
So now am not gonna fit a snork :cry:

But on a plus side my wallet will feel better

That's only my thoughts on the effects of snorkels, the others might say I'm bonkers :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They do look better with them but true it will limit resale.

Just a pic of my cruiser with a snorkel

DSC_0252.jpg

Jon Wildsmith said:
you may find a snorkel reduces the resale value or at least the size of the market it apeals to
Not sure I buy into this - this is an 80 series we're talking about. The absolute newest one available is at least 13 years old. This isn't a car for the masses (in the UK anyway :mrgreen: ) The biggest price killers on 2nd hand cars are age and mileage. Well the age thing flies out the window as mentioned previously, there just aint any new ones :) I don't think the market for 2nd hand 80s values condition and original condition especially - GOOD condition and maintenance is obviously prized. Yes, a snorkel suggests the vehicle may have been used off-road but the majority of 80 series buyers are not looking for a show car for their wives to park outside Harrods :lol:

My 2c would be to stick the snorkel on if you want to - I doubt it adds value to the truck but I don't see it destroying value at all. I would say that the market for an original condition 80 is much smaller than the market for a decent 80 for overlanding, playing, extra vehicle etc.

Cheers,

Andrew Prince said:
but the majority of 80 series buyers are not looking for a show car for their wives to park outside Harrods :lol:
Not a show car for Harrods no but I regularly see 80 series being used as ordinary cars round here and rarely see a modified one. That makes me think the overland / off road market for them is much smaller than the 'domestic' market that might be put off by a snorkel.

Loads near me just get used as tow trucks, especially for boat transport, i suppose there are not many vehicles out there with the towing rating of the 80.

most cruiser i see have a car trailer caravan or horse box on the back lol

Think you have forgotten all the 80's & 100's that seem to be used for towing mini diggers and the like.
If you want one go for it - if the trucks in good general nick then the prescence of a snorkel won't overly affect the value - IMO

Chris

I don't mind if it's just about the wheels, because the difference is very obvious! It definitely look better now. I like it a lot.

I also would keep the resale value in mind. I mean, I bet you don't want to sell it now, but maybe later? Then this would be a pity.

How did you get the old paint off the wheels ?? ...

Back