Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How about this as a Carputer...

if you're used to a laptop then a 7" screen is going to seem pretty small. Don't think I saw any brightness figures for the screen to know if you'll be able to see it outside the UK :)

It should do the trick. As Jon says, if you are moving from a laptop to a 7 inch screen you will definitely see the screen small. However, personally I would rather have such a device stuck to the dash than a laptop (vertical screen with horizontal keyboard)- I have had two laptops fittend on Ram Mounts and I always found them bulky and cumbersome - and somewhat in the way. I now use a much smaller touch screen connected to a PC in the back and find it a lot more convenient. Personal preference.

cheers

How much is it?
Where is it from ?

Graham

Not sure on cost or supplier as i have not tracked one down in the UK but from what i see they about the same cost as an Ipad yet more functional i would think.

Some good reviews on YouTube and there is a post on it at the SA LC site.

I think apart from the glare factor and the small screen which would not be a problem as my laptop is a sony 10" anyway so not much smaller it has allot going for it with a dedicated windscreen mount, blue tooth, wireless, GPS etc.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
749 for the top spec one and they have some very tasty bits of kit

SimonD said:
This is the UK distributor. If somebody contacts them - post the price please.
Just phoned them and spoke to a very helpful chap, the price for one for use in the car (GPS, Bluetooth etc) would be £589.28 + VAT and the car mounting kit is £33.92 +VAT

Back