Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How do I show my location on the map?

Just noticed that when the map shows for anyone's location, as you zoom in it keeps their location in the centre of the screen, even if you drag the map left/right/up/down it 'snaps' back to centre their location.

In my case, even though the whole map is displayed at first, if I zoom in it centres the map just off the North coast of Algeria.... just looked out of the window and it looks to damp and cold out there to be Algeria :icon-biggrin:wrong their
I find when I zoom in that it centres on wherever the mouse curser is.

From the logging I have turned on, I cannot see that you have updated the settings. Most odd. I made a copy of your account and tried with that and it works normally. I get the system to log me in as you and it works fine for me then.

I can see other users updating the details and it working or not working. One user put in the lat and lng without a space, saw it did not work and a few minutes later corrected it so it now works.

Only other suggestion is to reset your password and let me have it so I ca really log in as you (I suspect my "mimic user" feature still retains some admin rights so might not be a true reflection.)

From the logging I have turned on, I cannot see that you have updated the settings. Most odd. I made a copy of your account and tried with that and it works normally. I get the system to log me in as you and it works fine for me then.

I can see other users updating the details and it working or not working. One user put in the lat and lng without a space, saw it did not work and a few minutes later corrected it so it now works.

Only other suggestion is to reset your password and let me have it so I ca really log in as you (I suspect my "mimic user" feature still retains some admin rights so might not be a true reflection.)

To whom do you refer Cris? I'm sorted, no need to waste any more time on me, thanks :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat21 actually.

Not a waste - just frustrating as to why it is not working for some and working for others.

I've added some debug capturing to the process now so when you save I can see what was returned and why it did what it did. Bat21 - please save again so it grabs it.

Ed,

Yours does actually return two locations oddly.
First is this: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=-3...F-8&ei=_IHIUtKoL8jI0wWp74DADw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg
second is this: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=-3...4006,-0.275111&sspn=0.515889,1.352692&t=h&z=5

I'm going to change the process to allow you to enter a lat and lng and it'll take that as gospel. Will let you know when it's done.

Lat and Long from Bing has worked brilliantly.

Thanks Crispin :thumbup:

Back