how long will a slipping clutch last?

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
I have never had a clutch fail on me so i have no idea how long a clutch will last from the time it starts to slip under acceleration in 3rd. my volvo has just started doing that and i would like to find out roughly how long it will last until i wont be able to move (so i can avoid getting stuck at the side of the road). assuming the car is used in a city how much life is left in the clutch? is it 10s, 100s or 1000s of miles?

Bat21

Supporter
I am in morocco
Feb 24, 2010
Shropshirington
That's one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions Rob.

The life of any clutch is also effected by the drivers mechanical awareness ;)

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
ok then ill rephrase, anyone driven a clutch to destruction under normal use? if so how long did it last from the time the above symptoms started?

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
no can do until october, its either use the volvo as a DD with failing clutch or convince my girlfriend to use the cruiser on the tight hilly brsitol roads as DD :shock: (i don't mind the tight hilly roads obviously)

Lorin

Mar 28, 2010
Bournemouth
Rob, this may have no bearing on how long yours will last but from first symptoms of slippage my partner has nursed her golf on for about another 400 miles so far.... :?

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
thanks for your comments guys, looks like i will have to convince her to use the cruiser, neighbours beware :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks