Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How many posts needed for Classifieds?

t00manyusers

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
So I stripped a bolt that seems to be a GCC / General market bolt that doesn't exist in Japan or in North America, so I'm now going hunting for it on every forum I can find. Stupid me. How many posts do I need before I can post something here in Classifieds?

Some more info needed really.
What is the bolt for/from(vehicle)
As far as I am aware Landcruiser bolts are all metric, and are different pitch threads.
Does the bolt have some thread that you could put a pitch gauge on, then measure the diameter (threaded part of bolt). That will give you something specific to search for anywhere.
I've replaced lots of bolts of the appropriate sizes as above, because I refuse to pay Toyota prices, for bolts made of cheese.

Cheers. Wasn’t sure if this is the right forum to post this to begin with :) It’s this bolt:

3F740321-E293-4FC4-9871-8C82FF3D611D.jpeg

Part number is 51920-60020 normally speaking. It sits in the middle of the trunk metal piece and it’s basically an anti theft bolt that, when fully inserted, prevents you from using a wrench to lower the spare tire. According to ToyoDIY, it’s a GCC / General / Australia market part only, 1990 through 2006. Apparently it used to be $4, some millennia ago.

Is this a joke?

The bolt you mention is a screw that holds the boot carpet strip down.

No, seriously. Look it up on the parts diagram. For GCC only, this prevents theft of the spare tire. There are a total of 5 screws in that metal panel: 4 are small self threading, and this one is a huge one. It matches up with the spare tire lowering tool, as well, so it’s most definitely OEM.

It’s extremely long, at least 10cm, and had a rather large square head that I ripped off sadly. It’s also threaded unlike the other self-threading ones.

ToyoDIY link: ToyoDIY.com - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can get it shipped or picked up anywhere … but many of these dealers list it but don’t actually have it in stock :( Thanks - let me give them a ping .. but at this point I think I have to find it at a scrap yard somewhere.

No not a joke or from Mars.
I've had vans with this arrangement, that bolt holds the spare wheel cradle up under the rear of the load area, so someone can't rob your spare from underneath/outside..
Only way to get to the wheel without cutting cradle, is as shown, open rear door and wind it down.
That, I think will be a specific item, as you found, rather than just any old replacement bolt
If you know someone in engineering, they may be able to make one for you with that courser thread, or if the bolt is plenty long enough, cut the chewed hex off and 're engineer another
Good luck.

Weld on a nut, or a square piece of something. Will be the fastest.

I stand corrected. Sorry

What cruiser is it from then? I've not seen these before.

Weld a nut on top remove the threaded bolt and throw it away .

uHu, simplest ideas always the best, welding a nut will be easier, as long as it doesn't stick up, otherwise the rear door won't close.

Shayne, why would you weld a nut on top, then throw away the bolt ??
The bolt is needed anyway, as it releases the spare wheel cradle.

It’s not required. It’s exclusively an anti theft device. So you can totally go without it. I just kinda liked it, I guess.

Afraid mine is beyond saving as I kept messing with the top to grip it and get it out and the thread is done from all the gripping … dumb me. :(

Back