Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much?!! Really!!!

Agree with you Steve. If I had the sapce I would buy that. The OS drive shaft alone would see me through another Lincomb weekend :lol:

too cheap, something has to be wrong with it! :?:

Of course it's too cheap

Definatly not legitimate.

Surprised they even give a mobile number, normally it is just an eamil for communications.

Gra.

Scam?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Spoken to the genuine dealer, its not them advertising it.

Advised them to let autotrader know its a scam.

Its still a good price at £2995.00 and the genuine seller sounds like a really nice guy!

Pete

Excuse my ignorance - how would this scam work? I presume the buyer would want to see the car before buying and I'm sure the motor dealer wouldn't let some random person pitch up and show a potential buyer the car and take for a test drive. :think: Unless it was one of the staff members doing the scamming.....

They are fishing for people who are willing to pay online for the vehicle without seeing it first (no, neither would I, but people do).

The story may be that they are a dealers and have taken the car in p/x and need to get shot of it quickly, they have lots of interest, in fact someone is on his way now with cash, so if you want it you have to pay a deposit (lets say £500), which is fully refundable if you are not happy after checking the vehicle over - payment has to be via bacs or similar, moneygram etc.

Its not really aimed at someone in the UK, more at people from, for example, Cyprus, who arent in a position to check its genuine.

It all hinges on the car being a bargain price, and there is an element of rush, often they ask for email contact only (on ebay look out for the ones that say email contact only, no contact using ebays mail system.)

Its all fraud. Even when you pay by bacs, the account you are paying into will be related to an identity theft.

The number on autotrader is a filter number (maybe even supplied by autotrader) which diverts to an unregistered pay as you go mobile.

Pete

Back