Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howdy all

Bungle

Country Flag
uk
Greetings!

Hope you dont me me dropping in, i'm just mooch about thinking about picking up an 80 series. or maybe a 100, or anything inbetween. I'm trying to get a feel for the market and the club scene, I have ran A Surf and and Disco off road in the past, and now little one is growing up, its going to be time for me to have a toy again.

Drew

Hi Drew, welcome aboard!

80s rule in my book, but I've never sat in a 100 so it's not a fair recommendation.

I love my 80 for a million reasons (no exaggeration) not least because it's tough, it performs 100% off road, and it's 21 years old, so I'm not worrying about scratches and mud on the carpets, although it is my DD so I keep it as clean as I can, inside and out.

I'm sure if I'd spent 10 grand more on a tidy hundee, I'd be afraid to drive/use/abuse it like I do the 80.

I'm also disappointed on how much rust I've seen in photos of 10 year younger 100s.

I love the look of the 80s not least for the availability of mod parts. Although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It must be capable of towing the caravan around so a big lift won't be on the menu.

The question is petrol/LPG or Diesel?

The question is petrol/LPG or Diesel?

Welcome aboard Drew, that's the big question, the way they are putting diesel down at the moment, and looking to ban it, petrol might be the option, BUT what's the mpg difference, and is it financially viable?
If LPG was available at every garage, no problem.
As far as I'm aware there's only one LPG pump in my town, out of 10 garages

Back