Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howdy

Dan W

Garage
Hello everyone, my name's Dan and I'm currently on the look out for an 80 series Landcruiser.

I currently have a Hilux Surf with a few mods. If anyone's interested in seeing it I'll post a few pictures :cool: , but recently its head cracked and whilst it was being repaired I borrowed a friends Landcruiser and now I've been converted :dance:
Unfortunately when I was just looking there seemed to be quite a selection of good ones in my price bracket, but now I have the cash I can't seem to find any I like.

Also I'd like to apologise now for any stupidly obvious posts I'm likely to make in the future :mrgreen:

Welcome along Dan - slap a few pics up, we all like pics :cool:

Whereabouts in the UK are you & what's your budget?

Cheers

Dan W said:
Hello everyone, my name's Dan and I'm currently on the look out for an 80 series Landcruiser.

I currently have a Hilux Surf with a few mods. If anyone's interested in seeing it I'll post a few pictures :cool: , but recently its head cracked and whilst it was being repaired I borrowed a friends Landcruiser and now I've been converted :dance:
Unfortunately when I was just looking there seemed to be quite a selection of good ones in my price bracket, but now I have the cash I can't seem to find any I like.

Also I'd like to apologise now for any stupidly obvious posts I'm likely to make in the future :mrgreen:
Welcome Dan, Glad to hear you've seen the light, and don't worry about stupid posts, we all make them here. Update your location so we know where you are coming from.

Hi Dan,

Good to have you on board !
Sure we all like pictures, because when we have hasd a few wines we cant write properly.

Gra.

Graham said:
Hi Dan,

Good to have you on board !
Sure we all like pictures, because when we have hasd a few wines we cant write properly.

Gra.
Or spell. :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the welcome guys, here's a few pictures of the surf:

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0117.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

And a couple of the Landcruiser I borrowed:

DSCF0380-1.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

Hopefully my location should now be in my profile :thumbup:

My budget unfortunately isn't great, it's around the £3000 mark. I'd like a diesel or an lpg Landcruiser that's about 150K miles or less and not red :evil: .
My friends is for sale at £3000 but it's petrol and the conversion is £1600 so that puts it out of my reach. I was a bit gutted about missing a white one in Sutton-in-Ashfield (10 minutes down the road) that was lpg for £2500 but never mind, one will come along at some point.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome, you're only over the road from me - Chesterfield. Let me know if you need a hand looking over any 80s that come along. Don't be shy in asking. There are some gems, some fixer uppers and some total sheds. I looked at one in Mans-Woodhouse which was an absolute shocker.

Chris

Hi Dan,

Chris is great (HOT) with Land Cruisers :lol:

He really does know much about them.

Gra.

Thankyou for the offer, if I find any locally I'll be sure to give you a shout if that's OK? I think with my price range I'd be looking at a fixer-upper, not too bothered about cosmetic stuff as long as it's mechanically sound. I would hope to turn into a bit of an offroad based Landcruiser. There was an offroad spec diesel on here not long back that went for 3K not long ago (seems to have dropped off the bottom of the classifieds) but something like that would be perfect.
That one on ebay would be great if it were a diesel, but as it's petrol I'd need to LPG it but many thanks for posting it :thumbup:
Cheers
Dan

Hi, Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. That one looks good I'll keep an eye on it and ask him for some interior piccies.
I've made the silly mistake of looking at Japanese ones and obsessing over trying to find the front and rear difflock switch in the pictures and now I want one :naughty: but they're out of my budget with import costs and they seem considerably more expensive to begin with.

Found this one as well: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
although the mileage is a little high it would leave a little room in the budget for the LPG

I'm starting to get an idea of what I want but I'm not sure it exists/afford it. I think my perfect one would be a petrol Japanese import with diff locks, white exterior, cloth interior, black dash not wooden, with rear hung spare and other assorted japanese goodies. Wish me luck :lol:

hi dan you are a man on a mission now and it will get to obsession soon :thumbup: :thumbup: good luck car hunting

Keep looking Dan, there'll be one out there with your name on it, I found a petrol with LPG a few months ago for £2400, there were a few scratches but no dents and the rear diff didn't work but I'm very happy with it so far. :thumbup:

Become an obsession? :dance: I already know exactly how many landcruisers for sale there are on ebay at any given time and I currently have five internet tabs open, one for here, ebay, gumtree, autotrader and japaneseusedcars.com and everytime my wife walks in the office she says 'looking at them bloody cars again' :cool:

An lpg converted one for £2400? Please don't upset me by telling me things like that :violin: Seriously though, where are they hiding?

The one at 2200 looks cheap dan. I seriously wouldnt be to fusse about the miles on one. The Jap ones do have a couple of nice extras but only fridge wheel carrier and electric fold mirrors.Thats about it.Good look on the search. The exact one you want will turn up.My advice would be when it does drop everything and go and look over it then buy it. They soon get snapped up.

Karl

Dan W said:
An lpg converted one for £2400? Please don't upset me by telling me things like that :violin: Seriously though, where are they hiding?
This one was originally on Autotrader, IIRC pointed out by a fellow member, I contacted the owner and we came to a mutual agreement. The autotrader price was £4950 but when I contacted him he had dropped it to £3500, I pointed out the faults I could find and we ended up at £2400. :dance:

That's an epic level of bargaining :clap: Can I rent you for negotiations please? :lol:

You're right about them going quick, there was a very nice white one on gumtree last week but it was in Aberdeen. Contacted the seller immediately and they already had someone coming to look at it and it was sold within a day :thumbdown: at the moment I'm off work on holiday but will be starting back next week which makes getting long distances quickly very tricky.
If possible I would like to find one I really like as my intention will be to keep the landcruiser for absolutely as long as possible, but it's tempting to get anything as I'm assuming the market dries up or gets more expensive as winter approaches.

Dan W said:
That's an epic level of bargaining :clap: Can I rent you for negotiations please? :lol:
The previous owner had a tower crane company and it was his company's car. I think I was just very lucky to get him at the right moment, it had been standing for 18 months and he just wanted rid.

Back