Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hurricane Ophelia

Well came home from work and 2 fence panels down, but we haven't had any serious winds here, Mrs said we had one massive gust about 2pm nothing before or after, just a bit breezy, not really strong winds/

This is my view for today
1 taken at 9am
Storm 1.jpg

2 at 1pm

Storm 2.jpg

3 at 5pm

Storm 3.jpg

It's been hot and sunny all day despite what it looks like in the pics
The surf in 1 around 2 to 3ft
In 2 around 4 ft
The surf in 3 is around 15ft plus
But not Mega windy here

The right hand side clipped Africa and Portugal and then swirled it anti clockwise/north across Portugal bringing sand and smoke the latter from fires in Portugal. VW diesel lies are clearly the cause of all this.
Thank you Frank, I see now she did a detour.

big coat.jpg

Last edited:
Well thankfully the damage was minimal, so a bit of roof repair and we're all good.. was hairy for a while though!
IMAG1379.jpg

Well came home from work and 2 fence panels down, but we haven't had any serious winds here, Mrs said we had one massive gust about 2pm nothing before or after, just a bit breezy, not really strong winds/

This is my view for today
1 taken at 9am
View attachment 134941

2 at 1pm

View attachment 134943

3 at 5pm

View attachment 134944

It's been hot and sunny all day despite what it looks like in the pics
The surf in 1 around 2 to 3ft
In 2 around 4 ft
The surf in 3 is around 15ft plus
But not Mega windy here

Blimey Brian, that’s one helluva garden you’ve got there, and the swimming pool.....?

Mama! :lol:

Blimey Brian, that’s one helluva garden you’ve got there, and the swimming pool.....?

Mama! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I wish Clive,
THAT pool is great for Surfing, surfed here a few times, and great for fishing, had 3 Small Eyed ray from here one night, and a decent Bass another evening

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just love fresh sea bass, yummy....

Bass is my favourite Clive, closely followed by Mackerel, don't catch enough? or any for that matter, lately

"SEA Bass " ??? you've been watching too many of those TV cooking programmes, :lol::lol:

Bass is my favourite Clive, closely followed by Mackerel, don't catch enough? or any for that matter, lately

"SEA Bass " ??? you've been watching too many of those TV cooking programmes, :lol::lol:

I wondered when I wrote the “sea” bit, but here it’s important to distinguish between sea and freshwater fish, ‘cos they eat it all here.

Carp is one of their favorites, and amusingly, they call it Crap... :lol:

Mackerel is high on my list too, used to catch it at the Mumbles, time ago, spinning off the back of a little cabin sailboat! Good days...

Not sure
Is there a Freshwater Bass ?? Not in Britain I think :think:.

Bob.

Not sure, but better safe than sorry! Freshwater fish always taste a bit earthy to me. Stucca are nice though (pike) if prepared properly, then there’s eel and so forth.., this is making me feel peckish :lol:

Stucca are nice though (pike) if prepared properly, then there’s eel and so forth.

Pike is full of Urea and has to be soaked for a while to remove it !

I was on a motorcycle tour of Sweden a few years ago and stopped at a freshwater fish restaurant, their speciality was Zander - a fearsome predatory fish from the local lake.

DSC_0597.JPG

DSC_0598.JPG

I don't think I'd want to go swimming in that lake :shock:.

It wasn't bad to eat but like you I find freshwater fish a bit flat and tasteless unless well seasoned.

Bob.

Pike is full of Urea and has to be soaked for a while to remove it !

I was on a motorcycle tour of Sweden a few years ago and stopped at a freshwater fish restaurant, their speciality was Zander - a fearsome predatory fish from the local lake.

View attachment 135264

View attachment 135265

I don't think I'd want to go swimming in that lake :shock:.

It wasn't bad to eat but like you I find freshwater fish a bit flat and tasteless unless well seasoned.

Bob.

Years ago, someone introduced Zander into UK inland waters, I remember we used to catch them when fishing the Arrow, close to where it joins the Avon.

The Arrow is small and we used to go for a lazy day floating for Chub and a bit of fun with Dace and Perch, so when we hit a Zander with 1/2lb bottom line, all hell used to break loose!

We rarely landed them, but when we got them into the landing net, on would go the binmen's gloves, and even then, they'd bite through, if you weren't careful. I had a landing net destroyed by one so I used to just shake them off the tackle after that, not worth the hassle.

They're nasty.

Back