Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hurricane Ophelia

It's a bit breezy out here with the sun shining and blue skies above at the moment, was pretty dark around an hour ago. Must be the calm before the storm

Hope it stays clear of north east of Scotland, it would be the one week I'm doing some work to the 89 that a storm comes about and I have to take the a8 to work.

It's been very dark here all day...

Stay safe folks. Loving the humour!

Just got really dark here with dark clouds and strange yellowish light. So dark the street lights have come on! No rain though and none showing on the weather radar.
IMG_2691.JPG

Same darkness, calm and strange warmth near the coast in Ceredigion too at about 9 am. Wind picking up here now with some pretty hefty gusts.

Reminds me of the times we spent standing on the cliff-top at Mwnt when there was a storm, an onshore wind there is incredible as it comes up the cliff-face with a fair quantity of the ocean brought with it.

We'd all pile in the sauna at the cliff hotel afterwards, then adjourn to the bar...happy days. :obscene-drinkingdr:

Stay safe guys...

Getting pretty serious here now,a 6" diameter branch has just landed on top of my neighbours Merc convertable,she will not be happy when she returns from holiday.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lots of damage here in the Southeast counties, schools and churches with major roof damage. 3 confirmed deaths, trees down in a lot of places...

Thankfully we have held up pretty well on our road, it's very rural, but sheltered somewhat by a hill from the southeast winds

Same strange yellow light here in Stourbridge 1.00 p.m. today and a faint but clearly defined red sun.
IMG_0680.JPG

Hope you all fair well with minimum damage. Strange weather this year, that's for sure!

Holy flark.. had a fun hour or two saving the shed roof... one sheet started to lift earlier and was threatening to take another two with it.. the whole lot could have gone easily enough. Managed to get a big strap over the top using, of all things, a rugby ball. Ratchet tied down to two pallets of blocks.. so should survive the night. Not fun though. Plenty of trees damaged on the site too..

Snapchat-270444359.jpg

It's a decent size alright... cruiser living inside till tomorrow when I can fix the alternator.. so definitely don't want the roof going!

It's a decent size alright... cruiser living inside till tomorrow when I can fix the alternator.. so definitely don't want the roof going!
Amen to that!!

Reminds me of the times we spent standing on the cliff-top at Mwnt

Didn't make it to the coast today, but I should think that Mwnt was indeed pretty good....if you could stay upright !
Leccy off here from 1 to 8pm, seriously gusty at times, a few slates, bits of barn,several branches and one big old Horse Chestnut down.......straight on top of old W108 Mercedes (a pretty rusty parts car fortunately, now somewhat flat) but amazingly just missing farm building by about a foot. Still windy, but quietening down a bit now.

Hit us in the IOM about 5 hours ago - lost power for a while as trees down taking out wires - back up now (obviously). Guess we should bring the washing in....

Can someone explain to me how did hurricane Ophelia come via Africa and pick up Sahara sand, I thought Ophelia came from the Atlantic Ocean?

The right hand side clipped Africa and Portugal and then swirled it anti clockwise/north across Portugal bringing sand and smoke the latter from fires in Portugal. VW diesel lies are clearly the cause of all this.

As it drew closer to the Irish coast, it pulled warm air from southern Spain and North Africa into its airflow... then headed Northeast for today's fun..

Snapchat-1697215917.jpg

Holy flark.. had a fun hour or two saving the shed roof... one sheet started to lift earlier and was threatening to take another two with it.. the whole lot could have gone easily enough. Managed to get a big strap over the top using, of all things, a rugby ball. Ratchet tied down to two pallets of blocks.. so should survive the night. Not fun though. Plenty of trees damaged on the site too..

View attachment 134940

When I grow up, I too want a shed like this.

Back