Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HVAC issue

imranshouket

Hey Folks,

I have got a gr8 problem with the HVAC system in my car. Whenever i start the vehicle the A/C swiches on to AUTO Mode and for about 20seconds it stays there before letting me operate the A/C switches. This happens everytime I switch off the vehicle for atleat 15-20 minutes, and if I switch the vehicle off for more than 3-4 hours, and then I switch it back on, the Auto issue is still there but also the temperature settings increase, say I left it at Lo, and when i switch on the A/C after 3-4 hours, the temp is jumped to 25C, why is this...please guys I am frustrated.

That sounds suspiciously like factory settings to get interior climate to a specified temp and humidity. Anything in your handbook about setting those startup values??

And welcome to the club!

thanks for the reply..no well nothing of this sort written in manual, I am just trying to figure out whole day, but could not find anything anywhere, although I am aware that when the auto mode is on, and any other switches on the A/C panel cannot be operated that means that the A/C amplifier is trying to initialize the servo motors, but why does it try to initialize after every 15-20 min the vehicle is switched on, but this does not occur in other land cruisers of the same model.

Didn't Warren have something on this on his 100 series???

Try the next wection down Imran & then post us some pics of your 200 series :mrgreen:

Welcome to the club :cool:

Sorry, neither could I :oops:

If I find it, I'll post the link up for you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like some kind of a fault.

When I start my vehicle, I can control the HVAC system immediately. Sometimes I don't want the system to be on Recirc, so immediately after I start the engine, I change the setting to fresh. I do not experience a 20 second delay where the HVAC system is not responsive.

Back