Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ75 1hz motor

dave wilson

Country Flag
australia
Hi all is there any other motor that will fit my HZJ75 as i have a blown head gasket and was wondering if cheaper to get another motor

cheers dave

I’m no expert, but the 1HD (turbo version from an 80 series) should drop straight in if you can find one... 12 or 24 valve...

Your option locally are:

-Give https://www.allfourx4.com.au/ in Newcastle a call; they've just had a 1HZ come in recently, but I suspect you're looking at a decent bill ($4-5k)
-Give Multidrive parts in Tamworth a call

Otherwise, I like Glock's in town for maintenance work that I don't wnat to do, but not sure who is doing the reconditioning of heads other than Fowlers. There's some guys in Inverell who are supposed to be good at doing the reconditioning of heads.

Your option locally are:

-Give https://www.allfourx4.com.au/ in Newcastle a call; they've just had a 1HZ come in recently, but I suspect you're looking at a decent bill ($4-5k)
-Give Multidrive parts in Tamworth a call

Otherwise, I like Glock's in town for maintenance work that I don't wnat to do, but not sure who is doing the reconditioning of heads other than Fowlers. There's some guys in Inverell who are supposed to be good at doing the reconditioning of heads.
Thanx so much for that Paddler Ed

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1hz has 21 spline 275mm clutch (lighter) and 1hdt has 15 spline 300mm clutch plate (heavier) from what I've just discovered.
It's ok to sort out as you can use an isuzu commercial 5 ton truck plate 300mm with the same 21 spline.. all good to go! Blue print part number ADZ 93125:thumbup:

I’m no expert, but the 1HD (turbo version from an 80 series) should drop straight in if you can find one... 12 or 24 valve...
Bit late to the party with this reply, but still useful information. Yes, you can drop another motor from another model landcruiser straight in, such as the 1HDT, but understand you will have to replace almost the entire drive train to match the new engine power rating. Brakes, gearbox, everything! Better to replace with the correct engine the vehicle was designed for, unless you’re up for spending some pinga’s.

Back