Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ79 or HZJ75

How about a brand new HZJ78 Troopie like mine!...

I must admit that it was seeing a Troopie close up last month that sparked this fire.

Then after seeing johnnystrom's build and then this, I decided I needed another project, so a pickup would be a good starting point.

Hmmmm you say you have 'a man who can', I'll drop you a PM shortly :thumbup:

I.... What exactly do you want a 70 series for Paul?
See above :thumbup:

I have a HZ75 if you need to try one.
Thanks but going by your avatar, you might be a bit far away?

Last edited:
Hi Bat. Just saw your thread. Glad that you were inspired by mine! I will, reluctantly, have to sell mine when I get back to the UK early next year. It's just about spot on now, so not really a project, but if you're looking for a go anywhere 75 series, I'm sure you won't find better in the UK. There are/will be a lot more photos on my blog - www.nystrom-adventures.com
It's currently in Zambia at the moment, and we're just loving being here with it. Unfortunately this is probably a one off trip for us, so it doesn't really make sense to keep it, but it is an awesome vehicle. True, it would be nice to have front coils sometimes, but when it's weighted up with fuel and water the ride is better than I expected. It gets admiring comments even down here where there are loads of them. The condition is pretty rare for the year. Let me know if you're still looking for one in the new year. Cheers, John

Dear Bat21,

I came across your message by chance. Our company is specialized on supplying Land Cruiser vehicles globally. We have both RHD and LHD versions of HZJ79, HZJ78, HZJ76, LC200. We can deliver to any country around the World. But we do not deal with local registration and importation procedures. You have to check it on your side. I can deal personally if you send me a message through this forum. I hope that we can of help to you.

Eren

After reading Johnnystrom's Overland Build I have a plan :thumbup:

But it seems I'm failing at the first hurdle, to find a vehicle.

It seems there are loads of secondhand trucks available in Oz and the shipping to the UK isn't too prohibitive, this one looks very nice and low KM's too.

I then came accross Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings which supplies new vehicles. So last night I sent off an email inquiring about the supply of a new HZJ79. Unfortunately this was their reply:-

I replied asking if they knew of any place that could supply a vehicle to me, their reply was "Unfortunately these units are not produced for use in Europe, therefore, there would be no stock available."

So that scuppered that plan :doh:

So am I right in thinking unless Toyota decide to bring these into the UK, there is no way of getting a new one.

Also given the above, if I imported one from Oz would the "lets wrap them in cotton wool" EU regs mean it can't be registered and used here? :cry:

appologies for the thread resurection but met this guy at the overland show and he can import them, UK emissiosn approved with a removable DPF jobbie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111774450768?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Back