Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I need to stay off Ali express

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys I have done it again and spent money.:techie-error:
Yes as you can see from my photos I decided to but a dash cover to keep the sun and dust off.
I'm undecided on if it looks good or to cheap.
The wife says it looks ok and the stitches match my steering wheel cover.
It is very well made from thick looking leather and scratch proof apparently.
What do you guys think.:text-merryxmas:

Attachments

• IMG20221224150621.jpg
    IMG20221224150621.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG20221224150610.jpg
    IMG20221224150610.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG20221224150601.jpg
    IMG20221224150601.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 83
Hi

I have the black felt version in both my trucks. I like that that keeps the glare from the dash onto the screen.

Gary

Unfortunately I have had no sun to test that theory out but that was one of my reasons for buying it.:text-bravo:

HI Tony merry xmas to you - I think it looks good. Could do with one of those myself as my dashboard is cracked in several places, and its not going to improve!

Please spend more time on Ali Express, us 120 owners rely on you finding the best bits :)

uHu, there is a loose flap over the airbag position on these covers.

Tony, thanks again for sharing these gems, I have been looking at the felt type that Gary has for ages, didn't know they did the leather type ones.
I wonder if the leather will crack up in time or absorb more heat to transfer to dash ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the look of those Tony, not too bulky.
What are the A and B options on there, is that something to do with l/hand or r/h drive ?
Did you get a bill for any vat/import tax ? I didn't find the shite eashy to undershtand. Hic !

A+b are for left and right hand cars.
My total bill was £29 delivered
The mat itself was £17.40 I think and very good quality.
As uHu stated there is an airbag in the dash but the mat hangs loose over the airbag.
I went and had a look for piece of mind but if the airbag went off it would just blow the mat to one side.looking from the back seat of my car the mat gits and looks like its OEM made.
If you decide you want one just double check your colour and material before you check out.
Lots if colours if I remember I only picked the one I have to match my steering wheel cover.
Hope this helps or contact me and will gladly help.

Thanks Tony, I understand what the A & B are now in relation to the dash design, as soon as I read your reply I knew what you were on about. Mine is the same as yours in that respect.
I'll check it all out again in the new year, and if I've got any doubts before I order, will run it past you first.
Thanks for the offer mate.

I don't think it's about the money it's more about the quality, making sure its the correct one and avoiding unexpected surprises from customs in our post Brexit world

Tony bought led rear lights on Ali the weeks before so its reference to the slippery slope kid in a candy store and where it stops nobody knows .

I only signed up to the forum seeking advice on new tyres , 10 years later i have 3 Cruisers all jacked up and modified :doh:

Well the rear led lights I bought from Ali express are of good quality.
But like many things we buy only time will tell.
The dash mat tho is good quality very sturdy and well made but light at the same time.

This is how they look and so modern to the oem lights.

Attachments

• 20221227_111931.jpg
    20221227_111931.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 51
I think the smoked led rear lights i put on my 90 series maybe 2012 might have come from Ali Express and they are still good .

Had me investigate the old made in Taiwan junk prejudice we should all recognize from decades past and while i may be wrong to say Taiwan specifically i came to think the good stuff - stuff that might be used buy big names is actually developed in Taiwan and it gets dodgy because China then copies it to mass produce where of course some do it well and some don't .

Last edited:
IceAxe, do I detect a little humour there ?
it's nothing to do with spending money or not, lol, like lifts or big wheels/tyres I see you have, - its about looking after what we already have with a dash mat to protect dash from cracking in the sun, as Im sure you can appreciate being in sunny U.S.
BTW, I actually own 2 Landcruisers!

Last edited:
Back