Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I spent £48 on my 120 today

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Another year gone by, another MOT, another walk through pass, another reason I love my Cruiser. :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D

Nice when they pass first time!

Nice one, though £48.00 sound s a bit high for an MOT, our local garage is £29.00....

Trevor said:
Another year gone by, another MOT, another walk through pass, another reason I love my Cruiser. :clap:
Nice one! :thumbup:

Mine (15yrs old now) walked through the MOT recently too - always makes me smile. Having said that the other car in our household, a 10yr old Yaris, is the same. Never have issues with MOTs - ::touch wood::

lc 120 said:
Nice one, though £48.00 sound s a bit high for an MOT, our local garage is £29.00....

£29 for a MOT - that is good. Is this a "special" that they are doing?

All the places around me charge around the £50 +/-£5 range for around 20 mins work and a piece of A4. :twisted:

Every now and again you'll see "£25 for a MOT" or similar but that is usually the chains rather than the small independents.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a small family run independant, maybe they can't compete on price with the national chains but I don't mind as they have helped me out loads over the years. Since I've had the 70, they have done all sorts of little things at no charge so it's swings and roundabouts really. I'd rather keep a good relationship going than quibble over the occassional £18.

Some of the chains will do the cheaper MOT and lo and behold they will "find" the old pads and discs need replacing routine etc, this place still firmly believes in providing a service and maintaining their reputation. I've helped fix their computers from time to time and it's always been on a quid pro quo arrangement, I like the old school way of doing things.

I agree Trevor, this garage is a small family owned operation and often does things for no charge, I recently had a rubbing sound from the back of the LC, I took it in and they removed part of the exhaust that was rubbing. This was after they had checked the brakes 'just in case'. I use Toyota for the servicing but any other work like brakes etc I take to them.

Back