Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Idle , kickdown & cruise control isues : (

notsodusty

Country Flag
australia
Hi Peeps , lookin fa some thoughts and suggestions with these issues ,
1/ few weeks ago idle rpm's started to fluctuate from normal always sat at 700 then started to rise to 800/900 , go for a run stop, turn it on again and its sitting on 700 again and we start the same process over again .
2/ Cruise control has started to play up , can turn it on BUT it more often dan not won't cancel when you pull the lever forward .................... not appy
3/Go for a run start in Drive and you hear it kickdown when it should .................... then you start to go up a hill and push down on the peddle and it does nothin won't kickdown just gradually picks up speed but no kickdown .............:rage: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , pullover and put it into Low , drive off push into 2nd then into drive and it go's back to normal and may not do it till the next day or it could do it 10 minutes later :mad:
So any body got some ideas fa dis wacko behavior, be real glad fa any input .:sunglasses:

nealy forgot the vehicle is a 2001 fzj105 auto 4 speed petrol . 190,000 ks on da clock

Last edited:
Hi Peeps , lookin fa some thoughts and suggestions with these issues ,
1/ few weeks ago idle rpm's started to fluctuate from normal always sat at 700 then started to rise to 800/900 , go for a run stop, turn it on again and its sitting on 700 again and we start the same process over again .
2/ Cruise control has started to play up , can turn it on BUT it more often dan not won't cancel when you pull the lever forward .................... not appy
3/Go for a run start in Drive and you hear it kickdown when it should .................... then you start to go up a hill and push down on the peddle and it does nothin won't kickdown just gradually picks up speed but no kickdown .............:rage: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , pullover and put it into Low , drive off push into 2nd then into drive and it go's back to normal and may not do it till the next day or it could do it 10 minutes later :mad:
So any body got some ideas fa dis wacko behavior, be real glad fa any input .:sunglasses:

nealy forgot the vehicle is a 2001 fzj105 auto 4 speed petrol . 190,000 ks on da clock
My diesel 80 was doing just this. My Auto box kickdown cable was frayed inside . Eventually snapped.

Tanks Gav ................... mine appears ta function normally give it bit of'a pull and it snaps back in da way it should so I'll tick dat 1 off da list of suspects .
Cheers and tanks fa ya input
thumbup.gif

OK .................... looks like I've exhausted da brains trust , so tanks
thumbup.gif
lol

I would checkout the throttle position sensor. It can cause most of those symptoms.

Mornin Drew ............................. and tanks fa da snippet , I've actually started down dat path but I'm startin wid da speed sensor at da back of the transfer case , no success transmission speed sensor dat don't work I'll try your snippet. Dae all seem ta contribute da same symptoms ..................... its fuckin great avin so many choices ................. lol

APPY NEXT YEAR PEEPS ...................
thumbup.gif

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Happy New Year to you too. But let's remember dis is an open family forum so let's keep it kleen yeh?

what ever ..........................
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Back