Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Indicator light

Compact3

Is there a simple way of removing the lens from the indicator lamp to clean the inside of the lens without breaking anything
Danny

Don't know, but this came up regarding the headlight and I suggested putting in the dishwasher. Your call though as to whether the silver mirroring would be attacked.

Is it a sealed unit ?

The trick most use when they want to style headlights by painting them black inside is to pop them in the oven on low heat for a while until they can prize the unit apart , then just glue it back together again when they are finished .

Last edited:
Had to do what Shayne said on my BMW when I converted the headlights to halo,you can get the sealent from Halfords its proper stuff for headlight lenses,or another way is heat gun but make sure you don't get too close.

If splitting it is further than you would like to go i would try something that cleans by chemical reaction like that vanish powder or descaler , or bicarb of soda .

I would second that for a try Shayne, I've had good results with Vanish. Cleaned a head lining perfectly when other cleaners didn't.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Indicator light.

Is it a sealed unit ?

The trick most use when they want to style headlights by painting them black inside is to pop them in the oven on low heat for a while until they can prize the unit apart , then just glue it back together again when they are finished .

Yes it is a sealed unit. Unlike the older 80 series were you could unscrew the lens from the holder. The only other way as I see it is to take out the bulb holder and use something on the end of a bendy thing to get into the corners
Thanks for the info
Danny

Back