Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injection pump leaks

Runekebab

Hello! my Injection pump leaks diesel and i cant see where it comes from, I did read about it some where at it can leak from the speed control, or with the termo vax is. does anyone have the same problem? and is it difficult to fix? perhaps there is some pictures or a guide if i am lucky.

Not sure how the 70 & 80 differ. But on my 80 I had a leak from the thermo wax unit... The shaft the spring rotates around is known to wear - causing the leak along the shaft of the unit (if that makes sense.). This could be seen as a slight drip appearing on the underside of the spring portion of the thermowax unit.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/JustinElliott_photos/Fuel/Location.jpg

In my case, I had to replace the Thermowax unit - easy, quick fix... (but not cheap.)

Hope this helps.

Runekebab said:
Hello! my Injection pump leaks diesel and i cant see where it comes from, I did read about it some where at it can leak from the speed control, or with the termo vax is. does anyone have the same problem? and is it difficult to fix? perhaps there is some pictures or a guide if i am lucky.

Which engine does it have? Generally ,once they start to leak from one gasket,the others wont be far behind. Might be easier to take the whole to a shop and get a complete gasket and seal kit run through it.

2-lt, i did buy a gasket kit from milner. i will take a look at it this weekend.

Back