Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector Seals not done dealer confirmed

Meri_gadi

Hi Everyone,

Recently moved to Northampton. Dad's LC5 is needing a service so i went to Sins Toyota.
Asked the girl to check about the injector seals and she confirmed they have not been changed.
I booked her in for injector noise. Its very bad now on a cold start.

My Vin plate is: JTEBZ29J500057487.

Now she a 2004 plate car with 132k on her with full service Toyota service history. Dad even buys bulb and wiper blades from them.

I asked her about the Customer Satisfaction Campaign and she know nothing about it.

She wrote down everything ans said they will check once they do the test on the injectors.

They will test the tolerances and then decide what needs to be done.

What can i take with me to show that there is a this campaign and that they should be changed.

Thanks

Lots of threads on this one.

Range is:
Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007

So - it looks like yours is included. The Campaign was launched in August 2011 and Toyota dealers should have brought the matter to customers' attention during routine service visits.

It might be that Toyota checked it before during a service and found there was no problem. They check for sludge in the sump first.

Mine blew up a few months ago and I am still arguing with Toyota!!

I would be interested to hear back from you as to whether the work was carried out during a service without you being made aware.

Do let me know

Back