Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injectors

wobbly

Garage
The truck has about 110,000 miles on the clock, Ive noticed over the last couple of months that when I accelerate with any gusto its throwing out a bit of dark smoke.

Ive read that the injectors are good for about 100,000, so its a reasonable place to start.

Are there any particularily good makes of injector?

Doubt I will do the job myself, but would like to control what parts are put in.

Pete

AP Diesel did an excellent job of reconditioning my injectors. They are 2 guys that know a lot about injectors and pumps.

what is involved in injector reconditioning and the cost?
my vehicle just done over a 100,000k miles - not black smoke
but wondering if I should have injectors serviced as a matter our course

quite a few diesel specilaists in Aberdeen - given the oil industry uses a lot of diesel engines offshore!

I might have the name wrong... They might actually be called AVS! They charged me £220 to re-tip all four injectors. Mine had a terrible spray pattern. More of a spit pattern actually.

did you notice any change in how the vehicle performed and mpg afterwards?

I had mine done in September '07. Cost me £162 to have new nozzles fitted. Droitwich Diesel Services, tel.no. 771316.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
did you notice any change in how the vehicle performed and mpg afterwards?

I fitted the Tunit chip shortly after (which is why I had them done) and I hadn't done enough miles to check mpg. The engine was significantly quieter/smoother though - even my misses noticed.

Back