Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance question after recent swim

smokyjoe

Well guys 4 weeks have now passed since my swimming lesson and for the last two weeks the dehumidifier has pulled two and a half tanks of water out of the bare shell,
the problem is she is still imobilised and all efforts to get the old girl runing have failed :shock:
Everything else in the truck has dried out and works fine :thumbup:

Would comp insurance cover swimming lessons :lol:
would i be better cutting my losses and selling for spares :?:
Is there a time limit on claims :?:
and as i now need to tax it can i not now claim anyway :?:

I think they will cover your swimming lessons but they'll probably force you to wear a floating belts and have water wings on. I can picture it now... :)

Have you had an auto electrician look at the immobiliser?
They might be able to just remove it..

Seems a shame to brake it for the sake of an immobiliser...

TobyJug said:
Have you had an auto electrician look at the immobiliser?
They might be able to just remove it..

Seems a shame to brake it for the sake of an immobiliser...

I had a bloke come over to look at it but after studying the wireing diagram and looking at the truck he said it would be more economical to replace the whole imobiliser circuit :shock: this concurs whith what mr yotas technician told me,

I have a surf for spares with the same engine and had thought about swaping the loom over as this then gets rid of the imobiliser but nothing is in the same place so would be a right ballache :(
If i could find another colorado either damaged or with dead running gear i would probably just keep mine for spares,

smokyjoe said:
I had a bloke come over to look at it but after studying the wireing diagram and looking at the truck he said it would be more economical to replace the whole imobiliser circuit :shock: this concurs whith what mr yotas technician told me,

I have a surf for spares with the same engine and had thought about swaping the loom over as this then gets rid of the imobiliser but nothing is in the same place so would be a right ballache :(
If i could find another colorado either damaged or with dead running gear i would probably just keep mine for spares,

break I meant... lol
anyway..

Why not just rip the immobiliser circuit out of it...
Surely any auto electrics person should be able to do that...
Maybe try an auto alarm place they might be better in the know about it.
I had my immobiliser removed by one of them in the old Surf, cost me about £50 I think but can't remember..
Could not have been much as I am a tight git..

Back