Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance Renewal - Result!

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
My insurance expires in a week or so and my renewal quote from Highway (via Chris Knott) was a tad over £500. I was pretty sure I could better that so I've been shopping around for quotes.

Just had a quote from Direct Line and including their "multi-car" discount (SWMBO's Yaris is with them), was £175 inc protected NCB, RESULT! :thumbup:

This is for the same cover (SD&P) and includes my mods - LPG, SL, SS exhaust, larger wheels etc. though the compulsory excess has gone from £250 to £400 (but no voluntary excess). I prefer that, as I'd rather pay extra if/when I have an accident, than pay a higher premium to keep the excess lower. Also added Green Flag (National) roadside breakdown cover for less than £50 a year. I added Mrs R as a named driver to the policy too as that actually lowered the premium but I might keep quiet about that! :shhh:

Final bill was a tad less than £220. All-in-all a very productive morning! :icon-cool:

Last edited:
Strange isn't it chas, i was with highway via c knott & my premium was £250 think were around the same age & i had 9 years plus ncb & three points, i think a lot has to do with your postcode !!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure but last year's premium was also around £400+ and CK were the best quote I could get. However since then I have reached 45, which might be a threshold for the Ins companies? Oh well, there has to be some perks to getting older! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P

Agh got the age thingy wrong then Chas, I'm considerably older than you, & falling to bits LOL

My insurance expires in a week or so and my renewal quote from Highway (via Chris Knott) was a tad over £500. I was pretty sure I could better that so I've been shopping around for quotes.

Just had a quote from Direct Line and including their "multi-car" discount (SWMBO's Yaris is with them), was £175 inc protected NCB, RESULT! :thumbup:

This is for the same cover (SD&P) and includes my mods - LPG, SL, SS exhaust, larger wheels etc. though the compulsory excess has gone from £250 to £400 (but no voluntary excess). I prefer that, as I'd rather pay extra if/when I have an accident, than pay a higher premium to keep the excess lower. Also added Green Flag (National) roadside breakdown cover for less than £50 a year. I added Mrs R as a named driver to the policy too as that actually lowered the premium but I might keep quiet about that! :shhh:

Final bill was a tad less than £220. All-in-all a very productive morning! :icon-cool:

I'm really sorry we lost you :(

Back