Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

interested in a good running 2F plus transfer and 4 speed?

bsmith123

http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-te ... tty-9.html

hello,

I am in the process of fitting a diesel into my 40 and not everything is line up yet so I am not placing an ad yet--

I figured I would share the info on the forum to give some time before it actually goes up for sale so it is still sitting in my 40 at the mo. Its not everyday that a complete running drivetrain including the entire exhaust becomes available.The link above is to my build on my forty including the motor so yo can have a look and see the new parts still in the bag!

The bad---The gearbox howls in all gears---I have heard they can be noisy and I have no insulation or soundproofing material but I think it is quite loud
the xfer case works in 4wd and low range
no popping out of gear or any other probs noted

the 2f runs great, I have been running it a couple months now until I put it in for a paint job

it has all brand new Toyota OEM clutch parts ---pilot bearing, throw out, pressure plate, and clutch I also changed the rear main and oil pan seal and the motor does not leak a drop

The carb and dizzy were rebuilt by FJ40 Jim on IH8MUD.Com--this guy is an expert on old cruiser carbs and dizzy's
A Rebuilt Toyota OEM 55 amp alternator from SOR.COM
New OEM Water pump
Dual pulleys allows the use of the saginaw power steering pump which is mounted on the engine now
A MANAFREE ceramic coated header exhaust with complete new front to back exhaust system and muffler
A water heated replacement for the old exhaust carb warm up duct which went with the old exhause manifold for the header change

I purchased the motor from someone recommended to me on the iH8MUD forum and it is a 1979 2F, It was stated as having 65K miles on it at the time but I cannot confirm that as fact. It doesnt smoke or burn oil and has good compression and pulls well in my 71

If anyone is interested and would like to ask anything feel free---but just remember the diesel could fall through and I dont want to diappoint anyone

B Smith

Sorry, a little confused.

Have you got a 40 for sale?

No I am keeping my 40 but have a complete turn key engine and drivetrain that I will be selling
I know from experience what it takes to get all the pieces one by one so thought I would see if there was any interest

This is the 2f with 4 speed on the floor with driveshafts for the early models that orig came with a 1f 3 speed like mine did

it is a 1979 2f with 4 speed, transfer case, transfer case saver, oil transfer hose mod, shortened and lengthened driveshafts to suit early 40 electronic ign, MAF ceramic headers and new exhaust system, rebuilt carb, hot water plate for carb warm up, rebuilt distrib, rebuilt 55w toyota alternator, saginaw power steering pump, 7 blade fiberfan, 2 groove pulleys, oil cooler,
new plugs, new wires, new rear main seal and oil pan seal (preventative during clutch change)
new toyota clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing

my build is here --not too many updates in the last year and a half due to work and moving here

http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-te ... betty.html

not for sale just yet I want to drive it for a couple weeks between paint and starting the diesel install while I gather parts

Re: interested in a good running 2F plus transfer and 4 spee

So how much do you want for it

Re: interested in a good running 2F plus transfer and 4 spee

Hiluxonian said:
So how much do you want for it

If you are seriously looking for one we can discuss it, it will be a little while yet as i want to get it out of paint and drive it around for a week or so and get a new MOT on it. My email is [email protected]

in general it would depend on what was wanted--I figure there's two ways to go about it

one would be sell the drive-train with the engine, gearbox, and transfer case alone minus all the accessories

but for someone who needed it all --- all the parts have only a couple hundred miles on them if that much There is a considerable amount of time, money, and shipping charges, not to mention hassle involved for getting all this together as I did.

I think I would make more parting it out as some things are hard to find like the carbs and ignition but selling it whole is easier and I know what I am getting all at once so I am open to offers

I know someone who most likely can deliver within a few hours of me in Norfolk, he has picked up a few parts and a chassis for me, he has a shop and could remove and fit it no doubt. Actually he is painting my FJ right now.

with the modded propshafts I have and minor trimming to the tunnel cover for the shifter this can be fitted to a pre 74 40 that originally had a 1f or fitted to a later (but with unmodified propshafts)

1979 2F Motor (reported as 65K miles to me but I had no way to verify that)
1979 4 speed, floor shift gearbox
1979 4x4 transfer case

17171B FLUID HEAT RISER KIT 1975-1987 F AND 2F ENGINES $84.50
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessor ... triser.htm

17100-40ST TUNED CERAMIC COATED HEADERS 1968-1987, F AND 2F ENGINES $495.00
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessor ... ngines.htm

17510-40STKITL TUNED HEADER BOLT-ON EXHAUST SYSTEM FJ40 10/73-1/79
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessor ... 20FJ40.htm

020-010L Remanufactured Alternator -
55 Amp - Fits 8/80-8/87 FJ60 - Internal voltage regulator - Club SOR Price is $ 175.30 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member (a Core Charge of $75.00 is already included in the shown price)
http://www.sor.com/sor/products2.tam?xa ... 23.ctx=020

024-30F-U
USED Igniter -
Fits 9/77-7/80 FJ55 -No return on USED Parts - Club SOR Price is $ 153.00 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member

FAN (6 BLADE)-
10/73-1/79 W/O FAN CLT - Club SOR Price is $ 71.56 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member

Carb and distrib rebuild $350 FJ40 Jim on IH8MUD.com

modified propshafts lengthened and shortened for fitting in pre 74 FJ40 $280
Maksymyk's Performance and Driveshafts Unlimited
701 Denton Boulevard Northwest
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida) 32547-2115
Phone: (850) 862-0821

clutch new Toyoata oem parts fork, throw out, pilot, rear main seal clutch, pressure plate $400 (CDAN on IH8MUD.com--American Toyota)

Water Pump -
Fits 1/76-8/76 FJ40 California model with oil cooler & without fan clutch - Same manufacturer as OEM - SOR recommends replacing #054-26 gasket, order separately - Club SOR Price is $ 118.62 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member

Water Pump Pulley-
Fits 8/76-7/80 FJ40-Fits 1/79-7/80 FJ55 - Overstock Sale - Suggested List Price is $ 139.93 - Club SOR Price is $ 93.49 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member

OEM Rear Motor Mount -
Fits 1958-7/80 FJ40/FJ45 - Requires 4 each - Club SOR Price is $ 24.64 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member
sor.com

Front Motor Mount -
Fits 1958-7/80 FJ40/FJ45/FJ55 - This is the updated square type - It is a stronger, heavy duty motor mount - Club SOR Price is $ 19.13 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member
sor.com

OIL PAN GASKET -
1958-8/87 - Reproduction - Japan - 1 piece rubberized gasket (same quality as OEM) - Club SOR Price is $ 13.59 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member
sor.com

Transfer Case Saver Kit Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 45 55 $29.95
http://www.jtoutfitters.com/transfer-ca ... -4359.html

Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Kit-
Fits 1958-7/80-Comes with parking brake shoes, clips, springs, adjuster, washer, pins, transfer seal, and dust boot - Club SOR Price is $ 70.41 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member
$82.84

Back