Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intermittent no start issue

drbob101

'98 LC.

This started the other day with no start. STarter is fine, engine turns over strong.

Through reserach I focused on the immobiliser transponder issue. I have three keys. WHen it wont start, none of the keys work. When it will start, they all work.

WHen it wont start the immobilier light is flashing. WHen it will start it is off. SO..I am thinking the immobiliser amplifier.

I am looking at part 89783-60050. It may come up as GPS, but I have called and that is the transponder amplifier.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue and/or this part?

ARe there any caveats? Where is the part in the car? Is it a simple plug and play?

Thank you

My problem a started exactly like yours. When you turn the ignition switch on, you should see a check engine trouble light amongst other ones, but the check engine light must be seen. If the check engine light is not seen, your LC will NOT start, and your problem is your ECU, Engine Control Unit, the brain of the engine. Good Luck. BC

From BC

I am focused on the immobiliser because the blinking immobiliser light on the center console will not stop blinking with any of the three keys. I just bought and replaced the transponder antenna amplifier right behind the ignition key and that did nothing.

Does anyone else have any experience with the immobiliser not turning off. I have three keys and they all worked up until last week when this problem started. It started out as an intermittent issue but is now full time.

Thank you

Someone has posted a reset on the 90 series (I think it was Shayne) by pressing the lock/unlock simultaneously and holding both for a few seconds.

For what it's worth, maybe you could give it a go. :thumbup:

FYI It turned to be the EFI fuse. Puling it one of the legs had blackish corrosion on it. Swapped it with teh stereo 20amp and voila. I have cleaned up the receptacle contacts the best I can but I suspect that condensation creeps into that location and creates issues.

I have a horn problem as well that I am thinking could be related to that fuse box also.

Back