Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's a Cruiser Jim, but not as we know it.

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
18155963_1440309245990003_5465305514217419052_o.jpg

http://www.diseno-art.com/news_cont...-cruiser-it-didnt-do-what-it-said-on-the-tin/

In name only as it would seem it was almost completely useless for its intended purpose. The joys of the prototype!

I wonder why no tread on the tyres?

Makes no sense to me...

Seemed like a good idea at the time maybe? Or more likely they were the biggest tyres they could get off the shelf at the time:- Aircraft tyres?

Seemed like a good idea at the time maybe? Or more likely they were the biggest tyres they could get off the shelf at the time:- Aircraft tyres?

Could be Rich, but even without trials, there's no logic to slicks in snow or ice, even if they'd hand-cut some cross grooves or something.

Could be Rich, but even without trials, there's no logic to slicks in snow or ice, even if they'd hand-cut some cross grooves or something.
Completely agree. I reckon they were just after the biggest wheels they could find in the 11 weeks it took to build.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Completely agree. I reckon they were just after the biggest wheels they could find in the 11 weeks it took to build.

Yep, that 11 weeks bit shocked me too! It's no time at all for a one-off... :shock:

It wouldn't have worked with tractor treads , how on earth did nobody notice that putting the front axle so far back meant it would belly out on anything more rugged than a bowling green .

Should have taken a Hilux!!

Suprised to see it was pre war, expected it to be from the 50s or 60s. Fairly impressive for it's day. The cutting edge of automotive design then was the austin 7!!

Back