Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Its here!

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Well, after a long day yesterday I finally arrived home at 0600 thi smorning - The drive in my van to Bordeaux Airport went well for an hour then BANG rear tyre blow out!!!! Changed that with much cussing. Caught flight to Luton, met pal who took me to his yard where my newly purchased L/C was waiting. Straight off to my mate Bobs funeral in Ruislip, then onto Tesco and the Tunnel. Hit France at 9.30pm then 900km drive to home. Stopped once for 20 min kip and refuel & pee. Only 2 incidents - Trucker dozed off and nearly squished us, and 2nd was 5 min from home - A marauding gang of WILD BOAR decided my shiny L/C would make a good target! Luckily I missed them all, but Dad (who must have been 150kg) just stood in the road thinking about charging! (must have thought he was a Rhino..)
Still home safe and sound averaging 75-80mph all the way, never missed a beat. Now just gotta find a dog guard and bull bar!

Steve

Attachments

• terry (2).jpg
    terry (2).jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 278
Will do - already made a promise to visit Casablanca and the western Sahara before 2020..........we will see:)
Need roof tent (quote from HWMBO - you are bloody joking!) So it looks like me and one of the Labydoors..........How the hell am I going to get them up the ladder????
Off to bed to dream Overland trips

Steve

froggy Steve said:
one of the Labydoors..........How the hell am I going to get them up the ladder????
Off to bed to dream Overland trips Steve
A very long ramp :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
now, there is an idea! how about (an excuse to buy one, along with big steel bumper) a winch, series of pulley's and dog harness!!!

Steve

Cossack said:
froggy Steve said:
one of the Labydoors..........How the hell am I going to get them up the ladder????
Off to bed to dream Overland trips Steve
A very long ramp :think:
EDIT:
You could buy a Maggiolina Airtop (it has two side doors and one back) if you mounted it with the rear door forwards you could have your Lab walk up the bonnet!

Congratulations ! :thumbup:

Is that one of the first D4Ds or one of the latter 3.0TDs ???

What a great first trip!

EDIT : Sorry - just answered my own question; seen your "Found it" thread further down the page. ;)

Now doesn't that look a peach :thumbup: :thumbup:

[attachment=0:32ci4xix]collie 95.jpg[/attachment:32ci4xix]

Sweet

Gra.

Attachments

• collie 95.jpg
    collie 95.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 167
I have to admit in being "well chuffed" with it. It drives very well indeed. I used to have a RR 3.9SE many moons ago (14yrs perhaps?) and its on a par with that for comfort & space. I hope it will be much much more economical! (had the RR down to 7mpg whilst towing a small speed boat home!)

Happy bunny

Steve :clap:

Back