Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's Snowtime

Rodger

I spent most of last night on the M6 on the way back from Carlisle to Stoke in one of my employer's trucks, after around 7 inches of snow brought things to a halt just south of junction 27. (Made for a 15 hour day!) Northbound was as bad. For those that are not familar both north and south go downhill to a longish viaduct and then up the other side.
Watching the activities on the northbound there were LRs, Discos, a Shogun, snowploughs, wreckers and an LC getting things sorted out. One particular artic was stuck, just at the bottom of the hill (a hill that usually demands at least one gearchange and occasionally 2) and the disco tried unsuccessfully to move it, however, another one of these rescue vehicles put a strop on the artic and pulled it cleanly to the top of the hill.

The question for you is which vehicle? (answer below)

If you said anything other than the Land Cruiser then you're on the wrong forum!

Regards,

Well had no problems with the lorry this week. Not problems with the Volvo (car) today. I have not had the LC out!!

Paul

Yesterday, I drove past a gritter truck in a ditch over here in Nor'n Ireland. A friend had told me it was there so I looked out for it, and in a ditch it was! On its side enough that I could have stood on the side and deep enough that I wouldn't have to climb up to stand on the side.

Unfortunately the chap in front was a little more surprised than me and hit the brake.... You've guessed it he slid off the road. I recovered him and off I went.

The way some people drive (particularly over here) is not doubt the cause of a lot of the disruption - that and the Dunlop Kojaks that people seem to have fitted instead of M&S/Ice tyres.

Coming back home from Enfield took us about 2-3 hours. Lent many a helping hand to folks stuck on hills. Not once did the LC struggle. The worst was pulling a people carrier up a steep hill when the Prius in front of me gave up. Horrible electric smell. Doing a restart on the hill was a struggle. All wheels fighting for grip, we eventually made it up. The entire family was still in the car while I was trying to pull up. :dance: Very impressed with it.

Apparently we due 25cm tonight :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Salisbury plain tomorrow then :whistle:

Back