Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I've gone up in the world.....

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
...by a whole 2 inches! :D

Drove up to WC 4x4 (very) early this morning to be there for 8:30am and Paul and his guys (his brother mainly) fitted the Ironman SL kit in around a few hours - he's a top lad :thumbup: and made it all look so easy :cool:

I had a wander round their yard (with their permission) and had a nosey around the treasures they have there - all the way from scrapped body shells to a pristine Red SWB 70 that was under cover - now that looked very tasty indeed!!

I mentioned all the forum members that I could think of that had had dealing with WC and to Paul and his brother's credit they remembered everyone and their LCs very well.

Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to take any decent "before" pics, so this (taken last year) will have to do.....

LC_wheels012.jpg

and a couple I took today, when I stopped for a spot of lunch.

004.jpg

008.jpg

I did take some rather unscientific measurements beforehand and the height from the floor to the top of the wheel arch was averaging 89cm all round, from the hub centres it was averaging 52cm.

Now, the front has gone up by pretty much exactly 40mm - measurements are around 93cm/56cm front, the rear however has gone up by around 60mm - measurements are around 95cm/58cm is that usual?

I'm hoping the ride will smooth out over the next few days but overall I'm very pleased. :thumbup:

Actually every time I approach the truck, my initial reaction is that someone has removed the sidesteps! :oops:

(BTW the "B" kit was fitted with the Nitro gas shocks).

Very nice looks the dogs now was the price for fitting as you posted am going to call them this week to get mine booked in :thumbup:

munster said:
Very nice looks the dogs now was the price for fitting as you posted am going to call them this week to get mine booked in :thumbup:

Thanks.

Yes, it was - £450 for the kit + £100 for the install. (Plus VAT)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like the way a LC should always look.
I think when they are "out of the factory" they are a little low, and not showing enough "air" under the wheel arches.
perhaps this is for the general public to get in and out more easy.
Any way,
i think it looks a whole lot better now,

Gra.

Thanks guys.

Yes it's only 1.5 inches more but it makes a hell of difference doesn't it! (said the Vicar to the actress ;) )

Unfortunately I haven't had much chance to go out in it since driving back home on Monday - and I'm still very much in the "new to me" stage. :cool:

Now I need to find somewhere to get it dirty........... ;)

Back