Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

JDM HDJ81 Expedition

Might be mistaking diff lock for limited slip?

This caught my eye, I have been tempted to source a new body for my truck.

Might be mistaking diff lock for limited slip?

This caught my eye, I have been tempted to source a new body for my truck.

I've always thought this to be the way forward if one doesn't want to do a full restoration. Better to keep it an auto but a manual swap will involve swapping gearbox mounts AFAIAW.

I've always thought this to be the way forward if one doesn't want to do a full restoration. Better to keep it an auto but a manual swap will involve swapping gearbox mounts AFAIAW.

My thoughts have revolved around keeping the mechanicals and swapping bodies, in this case with the interiors, then reselling the donor or just fitting a roll cage and turning the donor into a pay n play toy. decisions decisions and would be good if my numbers came up and I won something more that the £2 I usually do on the lotto.

My JDM HDJ81 has the CDL, with switch but no further lockers. It has a LSD in the rear diff. Which seems to work well enough so far. It also seems to work well on road if I push hard and get the wheel to spin. :icon-cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My JDM HDJ81 has the CDL, with switch but no further lockers. It has a LSD in the rear diff. Which seems to work well enough so far. It also seems to work well on road if I push hard and get the wheel to spin. :icon-cool:

Mines A JDM too Richard but how do you tell if you have a LSD on yours?

Several ways Dervis.
1, There's a thread on here about axle codes, you can look up your axle code against the list on the thread. (Safest)
2, Easiest is to look and see if there's a sticker next to the oil filler noting 'LSD oil only'.
3, Jack up the back axle and try moving the wheels. If there's a LSD fitted, and it's working (!), the wheels will lock up. This is handy to see if it's actually working ok.

Several ways Dervis.
1, There's a thread on here about axle codes, you can look up your axle code against the list on the thread. (Safest)
2, Easiest is to look and see if there's a sticker next to the oil filler noting 'LSD oil only'.
3, Jack up the back axle and try moving the wheels. If there's a LSD fitted, and it's working (!), the wheels will lock up. This is handy to see if it's actually working ok.

Thanks Richard gives me a few things to go by. :thumbup:

Just to g8ve a bit more info....

Jack up the rear axle and spin 1 wheel if you have a Lsd that works both rear wheels will rotate in the same direction

Thanks Stu I had meant to elaborate. They lock up if you have the truck in gear (manual) or in park (auto).

Back