Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just about run in

Not uncommon, I sold my 97 1-KZTE 90 swb with 275k miles on it, still going strong.
My 99 2C-TE Avensis has 304k miles on it and is also running well, just having the sill replaced this week.
Old tech means long service life if looked after with regular servicing, CR stuff puts too much strain on components for long life. Power output in diesels has tripled since common rail became common.

Nice read.. hope mine will still be going at 400,000.. just another 160,000 to go!

Perhaps it's me being pedantic but you would think that the Toyota PR/Social Media department would know better?

Liam’s Land Cruiser is a 90-series model, which was a more sophisticated proposition than the 80-series before it. Though it still possessed the go-anywhere capability of its predecessor, its road manners were honed. The steering, for instance, was altered to rack and pinion, while double wishbone independent suspension was adopted at the front with four-link coil suspension with lateral rods at the rear.

As we all know, the 80 series was never the predecessor to the 90 series. Chronologically you might argue the case but not in terms of model lineage. I know the intended audience for this stuff isn't people like us but still..........

You think social media/PR folks know anything about real life stuff? I have my doubts.
Half of the technical stuff in that piece came straight out of the Toyota promotional literature for the launch of the 90 series.

Back