Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just fitted a multimedia unit to 100. Aerial not working

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hello all, Hope you are well.

Just fitted a multimedia unit which I got from down under Australia.

everything has fitted well and works except the aerial.

It pops up about an inch or so, but the manual switch does not work.

I am wondering that could it be that when I chopped 2 wires to remove old loom, would have something to do with that? But, I have checked and there is no power coming frm either of the 2 wires.

Any help would be appreciated.

did you use an adapter kit for the wiring or was it a direct fit to the OEM wiring? The adapter kits usually have at least 2 options for antenna power with bullet connectors to change, usually on a blue wire? If you have the option swap that over :) The antenna control box/relay is behind the glove box, right hand side, easy to get at with the glove box removed which is also easy to do.

Hello Jon,

Thanks mate, actually it seems I had 2 blown fuses, one fuse was on the left side under the glove box and one fuse was blown on the engine compartment fuse box. Dunno how I blew those, but, my hit and try system neary got me into more trouble than I had bargained for.

Funny thing is after changing the fuses the aerial switch began to work as normal. But, the vehicle would not start.

On inspection, one of the fuses blown was an IGN fuse, so had to leave the ignition on for 6 minutes and then it started. Somehow it behaved like it does when the battery had died.

But, its all in now and working, was a hell of a job unfortunately took no pics of the project, but, all is well the reverse camera is also working great etc.

Thanks mate.

Glad you got it sorted, must have shorted a wire that shouldn't during the install, easily done. How about some pics of the finished install ;)

Where exactly is the manual switch for the aerial?

The Dark Dude.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back